View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I never really thought anything about it when they cloned a sheep. I was neither for or against that so I guess it would be hypocritical to be different about a dog.

Graeme
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 12:28 PM
it says they will clone your dog for £26,000
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 12:38 PM
While I have no real opinion on cloning per se, can I just be obnoxious and point out that pretty much everything we eat has been genetically modified? What d'you think 'domestication' was? It's a few thousand years too late to be complaining about going against nature. Those little fluffy woolly sheep you see bouncing around fields didn't start out that way - we interfered, turning them from hairy to woolly little bundles of stupidity. Same goes for other domesticated animals, and fruit and vegetables. Just because it didn't happen in a lab, doesn't mean it wasn't a form of genetic modification!

As ever, just my two-penneth.

Becs
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Then we`d have the perfect species & I don`t think thats ever going to happen, well not in this world anyway
Getting back to what you say about the reasons dolly got arthritis, won`t all cloned species have to be kept in laboritory conditions, at least for the long term future, and why did the scientists let her get overweight?
Maybe the theory sounds wonderful but the practice............
Yes Christine I agree, a miserable existence for the most part.
Dawn.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
hey thats a great idea lets clone these animals and then stick them into a laboratory and test them and make them suffer and give them no quality of life - yeap I can really see how the human race is moving forward

how did we get it so wrong
couldnt have said it better myself emm
it is un natural and it is messing with nature,, JMO but im totally against it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3