View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Found loose rottie and then found owners!

Dave was driving home from work last night when his headlights caught a pair of eyes by the side of the road. At first he though it was a fox and then as he got closer he realised it was a rottie by the side of the road.

He pulled over and called her and she came bounding over to him. She was a real sweetie and very playful. She had a collar and tag on and about a foot of extendable lead (the cord not the tape type) attached to her collar.

He was just about to phone the number when he heard her owners calling her so he called back to them to say that he had her.

Her owners appeared (mum and daughter) the poor girl was crying and they were so relieved. Apparently she had seen a rabbit or something and lunged and snapped her lead and she had been missing for about 20 minutes.

What I did think was very sad though was that the mum said to Dave she was grateful he had helped her because a lot of people are scared of rotties. He explained that we had a big dog so it wasn't a problem. It is very sad to think that other people might have seen her and not stopped because of her breed.

She was a very lucky dog, had she run off in the other direction she would have been onto a very busy and fast dual carriageway.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Thank heavens your OH was there to save her. If she had been killed by a car or caused a bad accident that poor family never would have forgiven themselves. She sounds like she was a real sweetie too
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Well done to your OH. I have to say that if I saw a dog in need Breed wouldn't come into it. I'd only give up if the dog ws too aggressive for me to catch, which I had to do in one case (the poor thing was frightened and I just couldn't get it)
Becky
pxxuk
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Me too, I would only back off if it was aggressive... but not right off, I'd do what I could to help...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Majuka - Please pass on thanks to your Dave for prompt action.
As you say, one would hope every one would do this but we live in a world of 'me, me, me' and a lot of people would just drive by.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Well done to Dave
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Thank goodness for Dave, if it weren't for him the dog could have had a very different experience.
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Well done. I'll bet her owners were so relieved I know I would be it's your worst nightmare.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 09:00 PM
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 Dave
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Well done to your o/h. The owners must have been really pleased and very relieved.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >