View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Good luck with whatever decision you make regarding the deposit - just want to wish you luck in finding another suitable dog/puppy x lesson learnt - unfortunately
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I am sorry to hear what you are going through, you must be so dissappointed about the pup as well as angry about the money. I read this happening to someone else a while back, it was on another forum, but I can't remember where I read it. I am thinking maybe, it is some kind of scam that people are doing. Just seems strange to me that it is the same story that I heard before.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2008, 10:50 AM
She has 2 options.
1 to refund you the cash, as the others said it is a verbal contract that she broke.
2 the pup.
Why did she take the deposit on the pup if it wasn't her to sell?
If she won't then small claims &claim for the cost and compensation then she can pay your cost for bring it plus the upset she has caused.
How she gets the cash or pup is her problem.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post

Or am I just a cynical old bat??
If you are, then that makes two of us.......
upallnight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 11:25 AM
So sorry you've been conned by this person I guess to save further grief why not enquire at the local dog rescue centre or something like this http://www.greyhoundrescue.co.uk/
Hope you have a beautiful dog to help fill the gap and b efriend your dog soon,
Valerie
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Thats awful. I;m so sorry for you. Fight it all the way. I would!
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi,

So sorry to hear about this, can understand you feeling upset and angry.

you can download the claim form from
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/H...t_forms_id=338

The cost for the form will be a percentage of the claim but this site will give you all the details, plus if you win the case all costs will be refunded.

You could even print a copy off, filll it in and send it to the person concerned saying that if you do not receive the deposit back within a specified time you will forward the claim to the Court. We have done this in the past with good results. Good luck.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
If you are, then that makes two of us.......
Should we start a club
twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi guys sorry its taken me forever to reply but my internet has been down
Still latest is that this woman has done it to quite a few people and has numerous court cases against her.
The RSPCA and the Police (for once they are doing something about it!!) are involved and dealing with this issue i feel so bad that i was sucked in by all this and they were such lovley pups
But i have been advised that i will recieve my deposit plus compensation for the amount i would have paid this stupid ***** so i guess thats a plus.
In the meantime without even looking (was unsure if i wanted to carry on looking after this) a friend of a friend (very reliable and very good honest breeder) has offered me a lovley Springer pup at half the price as she heard all that had gone on and had been in a similar situation before. So i guess really this silly cow did me a favour in the long run!!!
Thanks for all your advice guys will be posting pics of new puppy v. soon.

Kym xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by twiglet422 View Post
Hi guys sorry its taken me forever to reply but my internet has been down
Still latest is that this woman has done it to quite a few people and has numerous court cases against her.
The RSPCA and the Police (for once they are doing something about it!!) are involved and dealing with this issue i feel so bad that i was sucked in by all this and they were such lovley pups
But i have been advised that i will recieve my deposit plus compensation for the amount i would have paid this stupid ***** so i guess thats a plus.
In the meantime without even looking (was unsure if i wanted to carry on looking after this) a friend of a friend (very reliable and very good honest breeder) has offered me a lovley Springer pup at half the price as she heard all that had gone on and had been in a similar situation before. So i guess really this silly cow did me a favour in the long run!!!
Thanks for all your advice guys will be posting pics of new puppy v. soon.

Kym xx
So pleased for you - that sounds a really good outcome.

Can't wait to see photos of your new pup - when do you get to pick he/she up?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >