Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Yes, it's lion so it shouldn't have been stuffed into a cage and expected to be trained, conform and have to perform for the public in the first place.
Well said

I agree 100% but once that lion has the guy then it's 'bang' i'm afraid although I think some guys should have gone in.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2007, 11:43 PM
IMO its wrong to keep a lion caged up and made to preform, but this world is far from perfect and sadly things like this happen. It did attack someone and because this place had poor back up plans incase of something like this the only way was to shoot the lion, sad but true.

Snorri, i do hope your joking as he may have been an idiot but at the end of the day he most likely has family.

Also, while its sad that an animal as great as a lion has been killed at least its not going to have to preform and spend its life in a cage.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Well said

I agree 100% but once that lion has the guy then it's 'bang' i'm afraid although I think some guys should have gone in.
I'll never agree with that because the lion was being punished, put to death, for doing what comes naturally to a wild animal. How fair is that? Some things you just can't force - and 'man' is meant to be superior .

To reiterate; I hate circuses.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'll never agree with that because the lion was being punished, put to death, for doing what comes naturally to a wild animal. How fair is that? Some things you just can't force - and 'man' is meant to be superior .

To reiterate; I hate circuses.
Again, I agree. The lion was destroyed for doing what comes naturally to a wild animal.

The fact is the situation got out of hand and despite what is right or wrong (and I think it should have been dealt with much better) the lion was rightly shot.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 12:24 AM
I feel quite ill, felt sick but now feel quite hot like Im going to pass out,

Hi all had to go off last night really thought I was gona faint, I never get like that, I see horrid things all the time due to my job, but that just got me, strange eh, My 16.5 year old son just watched it though and he said he felt quite sick, made his tummy twist sorta thing, he is still wandering round saying its the guys fault, poor lion, what do they expect type of thing, hes an animal lover too then I guess,
just a word to anyone who is gona watch it, dont do it when your on your own if your prone to fainting, honest,
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't believe that humans are superior to any other life form on this planet. Sadly many do and this is why such tradegies occur.
Becky
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 08:53 AM
That poor animal, atleast he wont have to be taunted by idiots like that anymore
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3