View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 11:08 PM
I hardly dare say this but my little girl has been showing some improvement !
She is very wobbly and still having problems co-ordinating but now when I lift the lid on her carry box she is using the sides to keep herself steady to actually stand up then while leaning on the box side to reach a paw forward to let me know she wants up for a snuggle. I can`t believe how hard she is working at helping herself, and I know I can`t assume an outcome, I dare not let myself do that, but her strength of character and determination is indescribable.

Knowing you guys are thinking of her, you have no idea how much it means to know we are not battling this thing on our own, I can`t thank you all enough for being here for us, please, please keep those vibes flowing for my Cleo :smt001
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
theres always positive vibes going on here for any of the animals, we are all behind you both 100% just wish there was more that could help you both.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Healing thoughts coming your way. xxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 10:34 AM
how is cleo doing today??
i hope she is continuing to improve
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Cleo is still very wobbly, but .....
After her breakfast she decided , having slept with me instead of in the carrier, that she really did not want to stay in the carrier after her breakfast, so I sat with her next to me when she decided she would like to try to move around a bit :smt026
I supported her on one side, not taking her weight but just giving her something to balance on, so she used my hand to lean against, stood up, [ wobbly yes but she did it herself ! ], started moving, so I popped her on the floor with it being a more stable surface for her, and with me bent over to give her the leaning prop [ aka my hand ], she walked from the living room to the kitchen :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

I thought that was enough exercise in one go so took her back to the carrier for a rest but oh no, Cleo wanted more lap time and made that very clear so she is on my lap right now, purring away.

She is now able to hold her head up properly without not knowing which way is up and has`nt rolled at all, [ a disorientation symptom, like a crocodile death roll for lack of a better descripion ], since last night.

I know that in worst case scenario, ie a tumour, that the meds will be reducing the swelling which is affecting her balance and that this does not mean she will recover, but its a case of how she is `in the now` that I`m focussing on.

If - and its a very big if - she does have Vestibular disease, well, I`m not going to go there right now, I dare not jinx things by hoping for it to be that.

I`m taking the one day at a time route and today she has improved on yesterday and thats good enough for `the now` :smt001
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 10:25 AM
i am so glad she is improving keeping everything crossed for you
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Lat last night, Cleo decided she wanted to try to walk on her own and though still wobbly, she got herself to the water bowl for a drink instead of me taking water to her

She also decided she would rather have her normal food [ dry complete ] so has started eating that as well now. As she had been moving about more having found for herself that she could get up and get around a bit unaided, I decided to have her sleep in the carrier to stop her overdoing things or hurting herself as she is so wobbly, [ she kept looking up at the table she likes to jump on to normally... ].
I did`nt close the lid clip so that I could quietly check on her through the night without disturbing her, [ carrier next to the bed ], and I was woken up to find her sneaking under the duvet - somehow she had been co-ordinated enough to actually push the lid up, reach up to the mattress and get herself up

She is not so one sided now when laying down, so definately not as disorientated as she was. Again, I know these improvements may be purely down to the meds and does`nt mean whatever caused this is not going to still be there when the meds are finished so I`m still not going to let myself hope for too much, but at this moment, my little girl is comfortable, [ snoozing as I type, bless her ], happy in herself, and very determined indeed :smt049
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2007, 03:58 PM
That is great news
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Great news Patch. Delighted Cleo's showing some improvement.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Brilliant news. So pleased to see little cleo is coming on so well.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >