Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koussan
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2015, 11:26 PM

Please Help!

Hi, this is my first time posting here, and I need some help.

So I adopted my dog, Kiko about a month ago, and she has been so amazing and I haven't had too many pressing concerns. But today we went to the vet, and she said everything was fine, except for an ear infection which I am now treating. The vet also recommended a heart worm preventative called Heartgard that comes in the form of a treat that is taken monthly.

Now, on the way home, Kiko was getting too excited about the open window, so I was pulling her leash trying to get her back inside. I was too distracted by her that I had to brake fast because there was a red light a few feet away. She then hit her head moderately hard on the glove compartment and I felt SO bad! This happened at 2:45pm, but she seemed fine. When we got home I gave her the heartgard "treat" at about 3:00pm.

She was napping, then woke up at 6:30pm and started heaving and some drool came out, then she threw up yellow soupy liquid. Then when I tried to calm her down, she began doing this honking sound, not reverse sneezing, but honking and I got so scared!
Now she is sleeping near me and very calm and tired looking, but she is usually super energetic.
My questions are…
What do I feed her if anything?
What is wrong with her/what caused her to throw up?
Do I need to take her to the vet tomorrow?
Thanks so much in advance!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2015, 08:06 AM
I would wait and see what she is like when she wakes up to decide what to feed her.
Is it possible that pulling her leash made her throat sore? Maybe you should get a restraining harness for when she is in the car.
Excitement may have made her thow up.
I would ring the vet and ask for some advice.

Can I just add that this is a mainly British forum and the time difference sometimes gets in the way of answers but you will always get an answer eventually!
Good luck xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Welcome to Dogsey
Agree with Nippy.If you're still concerned,give the vet a ring and ask for advice.Could be the meds that made her sick or even the bump on the head Not preaching,we all make mistakes but that could have been so much worse.Lesson learnt eh? If she's properly restrained in the car,she'll be safe and you won't be distracted.Hope she's feeling better xx
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Welcome to Dogsey
Agree with Nippy.If you're still concerned,give the vet a ring and ask for advice.Could be the meds that made her sick or even the bump on the head Not preaching,we all make mistakes but that could have been so much worse.Lesson learnt eh? If she's properly restrained in the car,she'll be safe and you won't be distracted.Hope she's feeling better xx

Completely agree, it is a human condition to learn from our mistakes.

Please update, so that we know how Kiko is getting on?