Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have to agree, If it was me, there would only be two options, keep him myself, (this way I would know all was being done fro him) if I felt I could not give him a qaulity of life , I would take the hard decision, to have him PTS .

This way the responsibility rests with me(you) the breeder.

i feel i cant give him the quality of life at the minute in between relationship breakdown,so i will not have him pts either, as his breeder i bred his mom,and i mated his mom with our stud,even though his mom does indeed belong to my step-daughter i feel hes mine and my responsiblility,i wont have him put down un less iv exhausted all possiblities of a good life for him,if i cant find one only then will i back down,im doing for him as id do for a seeing hearing pup,as anyone would do,i am after all responsible for him.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Fingers crossed it works out and he is called Charlie! Remember we are all here no matter what decision you make. I hope Bruce can help you out. I think they only way to avoid this problem is to only use a flashy to solid and therefore not produce white pups, which would be sad as I think they are great.
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2007, 09:22 PM
I understand your pradicament, but so far you have thought you have found 2 perfect homes for him, what if this one does not work out, I understand you will draw up a contract, for his well being, but unfortunatly they are not worth the papper they are written on, if the people you give him to, decide to move him on, you will not be able to do anything about it.

Sorry,, if you are not the breeder, and I understand , if you feel you cant take him on...why cant his breeder take him on. as you have said, it is the breeders responsibilty for the welfare of their ofsprings.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Actually these days puppy contracts are becoming more enforcable and are being accepted by the courts as they become more common place.
I think Toni is doing the right thing. I don't think he should be given up on just yet as he is still finding his way in the world and as Toni has said she is trying to find the best outcome for him. I don't think she should be berated for that.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:29 PM
its ok becky im well used to jackbox adding her bit and its just her opinion after all aint that what dogsey is about peoples opinion it just so happens i will never take her opinion as anything other than a opinion.(and im not going to get into a row over it with you im not in the mood)

becky i will go to the ends of the earth for him as would MOST breeders,but then breeders could only understand.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Just a quick question........
you said you mated his mom, with your stud but your step daughter actually owns mom.
So you own the stud? in which case both of you are responsible for the little 1, have you made the decision jointly for his future?
Or is your step daughter able to home him , if it came to it.
I hope some thing can be done for him to live a happy life, like you have already said, i wouldn't put the same dogs together again, you never know if it could happen again.

That is a bit unfair, i'm not a breeder but would hope i can understand.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Actually these days puppy contracts are becoming more enforcable and are being accepted by the courts as they become more common place.
I think Toni is doing the right thing. I don't think he should be given up on just yet as he is still finding his way in the world and as Toni has said she is trying to find the best outcome for him. I don't think she should be berated for that.
Becky
I dont think he should be given up on either, he should be given every chance to live alife... the trouble with contracts, is who has the money to fight them out in court, and unless you are in constant contact with the owner of your dogs, you cant keep an eye on them.

with something like this, it is imperative you make sure the pup is in the right hands... and it is onlt my opinion (you may disagree, but the right hands are the breeder of the pup.

breeding brings responsibility.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:39 PM
and I think Toni is behaving responsibly in this case. If someone else can provide him with a good home then he should be given that chance. I think it highly unlikely that a dog with his problems would be passed on unlikely a helathy normal pup where people see a 'value' in it.
Toni has said she wouldn't have the time and resources to put into making sure he had a great quality of life with her so if she couldn't find a suitable home then she will have to let him go humanely.
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I understand your pradicament, but so far you have thought you have found 2 perfect homes for him, what if this one does not work out, I understand you will draw up a contract, for his well being, but unfortunatly they are not worth the papper they are written on, if the people you give him to, decide to move him on, you will not be able to do anything about it.

Sorry,, if you are not the breeder, and I understand , if you feel you cant take him on...why cant his breeder take him on. as you have said, it is the breeders responsibilty for the welfare of their ofsprings.

Properly worded contracts, signed by both parties [ and witnesses if possible ], absolutely are enforceable be they breeder or rescue contracts. I personally know of one recently [ so you know its not heresay ], where a rescue was lied to and a dog was passed on to a third party - they got her back

A different case, a rescue cat - he had been homed, passed to a third party, word got back about it, I did the retrieval and he has been with me ever since

A parrot made the news when successfully reclaimed by a rescue purely on the solidness of the adoption contract.

I used contracts when I was homing cats for a rescue oop North, all legally biding and cast iron.

So its wrong to give the impression that a contract is worthless - the right wording etc and anyone breaching it would have to be pretty stoopid if the person who presented the contract is willing to make sure its enforced

Its also not a good idea really to give people the impression that if they sign a contract it does`nt mean anything, people could find themselves in hot water if they believe it then breach it...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah but people have to ensure the contract is water tight and they know the concequencies of breaching it.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »