View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Would you not be allowed to continue fostering if you had 3 dogs? Or would it just be that you are at your personal dog limit with 3?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Hiya
presumably Saturn will need a foster home if you don't take him? If so, why not take him as a foster and see what happens?

Otherwise it sounds to me more like you and your OH need to discuss it more since you favoured positions are apart. If he's always given way to your wants perhaps this time it should be his choice (or vice versa if he usually gets his way)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Personal limit is 3 dogs. Tango likes to chase small dogs so we don't foster anything smaller than a springer so it's space really. We have had 4 for a couple of
Months but one was a teeny tiny pup( infact ironically it was Saturn!!)

Hiya Hali! My OH normally gives into me bless! We do try to make family decisions but ultimately my boys let me choose! This is the first time he had said 'but'... This morning however, he had called having Saturn back a 'romantic notion'
He can stay with his owner until he is rehomed. We can however, have him for a longer than usual trial period...
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I think youi are worried you will love him to the detriment of the other two---while you foster it is OK and you don't have to give your heart away. Once you own a dog you feel differently about it.

Trust me---it will be OK. They learn to slot in and you have special times with them on their own as well as together.

The only reason to say no would be if they really don't get on at all.

Good luck.

rune
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 10:55 AM
It sounds like a tricky dilemma, but I am with Trouble on this one. You don't sound at all excited about the prospect of Saturn coming to permanently stay, so why rock the boat? I am sure he will find another great home, and you can continue the fostering that you love.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2012, 11:02 AM
At least you know that if you don't take him, he will get a good home. IME there are people queing up for retired/withdrawn guide dogs.

Re the excitement, or lack of that you feel, I always initially feel excited about getting a new dog, & then in the time between choosing & picking them up I start to have doubts. I worry about how my existing dogs/cats will fare with them. As soon as they are home though that worry all goes out of the window.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 11:33 AM
I've seen your posts elswhere about your dilemma. Personally I would foster him and see how it goes. Don't have any expectations and then if he doesn't settle or your others don't then he can go on to find a lovely home with someone else.

If you don't foster and let him be rehomed elswhere will you always ask the question 'what if?'.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Nothing ever remains the same for long. If you don`t get this dog, your own two will age and change anyway.
You can only try.....
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I would give him a trial and see how you feel then.

Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post
Re the excitement, or lack of that you feel, I always initially feel excited about getting a new dog, & then in the time between choosing & picking them up I start to have doubts. I worry about how my existing dogs/cats will fare with them. As soon as they are home though that worry all goes out of the window.
This is exactly how I felt with Hocus!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
This is exactly how I felt with Hocus!!
I felt the same with Arrow!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >