View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Hells teeth H, I cannot believe what I've just read - I didn't have a clue you and Zena were going through all this. You poor thing, what a terrible time you've had with all this

Thank goodness you now know what caused it, that sounded horrendous Glad to read she is feeling more her bouncy self, great news. Hopefully her bottom troubles will settle down soon.

This thread has been so informative regarding Giardia, I had no idea it could lay dormant in the ground for so long, it's great you have highlighted it for other people to be aware of.

Huge hugs to you and Zena, hope this is the last time you have to post on this section for a while (in the nicest way!!) xxxxx
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks Helena. We're going to the vet's tomorrow for a Cartrophene injection, so I'll ask her then.

Luna has those odd moments like Zena, where her stomach hurts.

I hope Zena will continue to improve. And yes it is scary.

It sounds like you're moving to a great place (i've only read, what you've written in this thread)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks AM, it's been quite a nightmare going on for a whole year now, on and off, trying to get food into her some days it would come straight back up, then it would stay down immediately afterwards, it was all so very strange, but my gut instinct told me that it was some kind of worm/parasite that kept moving around and sometimes settling in her stomach making her vomit upon eating. These parasites DO suck on the stomach lining and small intestines, hence the vomiting pink froth that night, and also hence, what came out the other end one morning with that big pile of pink froth on top of that!

As the vet said, we have to hit it hard now, and a friend of mine has just told me that her little border terrier got this a year ago and she said it was quite a nightmare to rid him of it, it went on for ages she said!

Hi Jeanette, I'd definitely get it checked out and at the very least ask your vet about this, as sometimes, they get no symptoms at all, except for intermittent vomitting and diarrhea and whenever you search on the internet for those symptoms, it always says you should look to worms first and de-worm. This giardia needs a lot more than that though, it has to be treated quite aggressively.

Regarding the move, well that's another loooooong one, but it's a beautiful bungalow and there's a link in the thread here:
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=164356

See you in 2 hours then!!!!
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16