View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow, I have just read all 15 pages of this thread and I am truly amazed at how far you have come with yor wonderful pup Lucky!

I will be following this thread alot now, so please keep updating.

Take care & well done
Eileen Goodman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Happy New Year from LUCKY

Hi Guy's,
Sorry not been online for a while,about time I updated.
Lucky will be 6 months old on Friday(31st Dec)
Took him to the vets this morning,he weighs 18.85 Kilos and is as fit as a fiddle!
We have booked him in for castration on the 24th Jan.He can be a huge handful and we hope this will calm him,also with all the strays around here I don't want any more little presents left in my garden!
He's doing well at dog classes,loves the agility course and will be allowed to start jumping small jumps in the New Year.Having said that he jumps over our sofa's on a regular basis both ways(we have learned to duck).
My prime concern is that he has never been left on his own ever and I can see that that could be a problem.He was very destructive for a while,our furniture took a beating in seconds if you turned your back.We found that a pig's ear will keep him busy for a while as long as you are around and he can see you.
He loves his walks but pulls all the time so I am going to get the trainer to help us with that on a one to one basis in the NY.
Our nights are much better,he gets up with whoever is up first and rarely wakes us(we don't sleep too well and he would probably stay asleep for longer if we did)
He is house trained which is a blessing,I may even bring the rugs back into the living room when the rainy season is finished.He does have one very annoying habit which is to dig up the lawn and flower beds and then bring turf and plants into the house for us.Not to mention the mud is then smeared all over the sofa's and floors.My poor maid cleaned the sofa's 4 times last Friday trying to beat him! Bless her!
All in all he's very loved and very happy,looking forward to the better weather and longer walks.
I hope you have all had a good Christmas and have a Happy and Healthy New Year,Owners included.
Will try my best to post some photo's,got to remember how to!
All best wishes Eileen Alan and Lucky xx
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 08:21 PM
hi glad to hear lucky is doing so well i was only wondering the other day how you where all getting on,

with the leaving him on his own ive never really had much off a problem so not got much advice to give but i would guess you need to take it slow and build it up very gradually say leaving him for 30 secs then when happy build up to a minute then when lucky is happy with this increase the time again until you get to a reasenable amount if time and maybe leave him with a treat and a old item of your clothes so he can still smell you if you do have to leave him

not sure if thats any help or not

looking forward to seeing any pictures you can get on
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16