View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Vicki, I am really very sorry to hear this. You'll know it's the right thing to do for Roxy, I'm sure. Thinking of you at this difficult time. xx
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I am so sorry to ready this, I have been through the same thing myself a few weeks ago. It is so difficult but you must do what you know is for the best in your heart. My thoughts are with you. xx
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:36 PM
So sorry about this. I have been through this. Helping them to get up and get outside and then realising what you have to do. I feel for you, it is an awful time. You are in my thoughts. xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Aww Vicki, I am sad to read this but like you say it pains you to see her struggle in this way - thinking of you and Roxy xxxx
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 01:08 AM
It's such a sad time. Thinking of you both. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts. They really help

x0x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2009, 07:01 AM
I always find these threads so difficult to read, I become quite tearful tbh. I really believe better a week too soon than a day too late. With my last dog Tyler I asked the vet to pts as I knew it was the end but he convinced me he could pull something out of the bag. He couldn't though, two days later Tyler died in my arms at home and although it was over so quickly I just knew I should have gone with my gut instinct. I don't think it's that sad, she's had a great life with you, and old age gets us all in the end, better to bow out with dignity and happy memories. Thinking of you Vicki, just do what you think is right x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
......and it's the watching her struggle that is breaking my heart. I wish there were more I could do between now and Tuesday
You're already doing enough for her Vicki, just by giving her a cuddle you're doing enough, Roxy is so well loved by you and Baz, just knowing you're near her will make it all feel better for her. xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
You're already doing enough for her Vicki, just by giving her a cuddle you're doing enough, Roxy is so well loved by you and Baz, just knowing you're near her will make it all feel better for her. xxx
Totally agree with this. I feel so blessed Vicki that we were able to cuddle Biff and say good bye to him and that he left us peacefully and with dignity,I am so glad we were able to do that for him. It is an awful decision to have to make,but it is also the last thing we can do for them. Be guided by Dean....our vets could offer nothing but gloom for Biff so it was a non decision really,ask Dean to be totally honest about his view of her quality of life and prognosis.

So very many hugs coming your way. xxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Just sending (((((((((((hugs))))))))) hun, words are never enough at times like this xxxxxx
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »