Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Lou

Hi T can I get that from the vets then?? I MUST get some tomorrow from wherever. Maybe Holland and Barret or something?
vets or on-line x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
vets or on-line x
you have to be v carefull if you use human ones
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh, well thanks for that, I didn't know about not using human ones, no wonder the vet said what she did then. If I can't get something from the vet, then I'll try Hyperdrug or Bestpet Pharmacy then, many thanks!
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:40 PM
My vet has told me to give Coco Immodium Plus, the ones that melt on the tongue, dogs are like human, so can take same tabs! so thats what I am doing!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh, well thanks for that, I didn't know about not using human ones, no wonder the vet said what she did then. If I can't get something from the vet, then I'll try Hyperdrug or Bestpet Pharmacy then, many thanks!
theres also canigest
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
My vet has told me to give Coco Immodium Plus, the ones that melt on the tongue, dogs are like human, so can take same tabs! so thats what I am doing!
i know some tablets can be used(i'm a vet nurse)to be fair i didnt know immodium plus was a probiotic i thought it was an anti d+ tab
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes it is!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Well this morning Georgie did a normal poo, although yellow tinged. Zena seems a bit off colour, although still active and loony, but just slightly off colour. Her poo was like yellow sick this morning! Off to the vet now to get poo sample containers, some pro biotics and some electrolytes (possibly that Canigest that you mention Wendyann), and I've asked if it's safe to give them their Advocate and Stronghold (for Georgie) tonight just to eliminate fleas, coz Zena has been a bit itchy this morning, but then again,that might be something to do with what's going on. Still a mystery then Thanks all especiall Tupacs2legs and wendyann for having the same thing, it's put my mind slightly at rest.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Well this morning Georgie did a normal poo, although yellow tinged. Zena seems a bit off colour, although still active and loony, but just slightly off colour. Her poo was like yellow sick this morning! Off to the vet now to get poo sample containers, some pro biotics and some electrolytes (possibly that Canigest that you mention Wendyann), and I've asked if it's safe to give them their Advocate and Stronghold (for Georgie) tonight just to eliminate fleas, coz Zena has been a bit itchy this morning, but then again,that might be something to do with what's going on. Still a mystery then Thanks all especiall Tupacs2legs and wendyann for having the same thing, it's put my mind slightly at rest.
H
I really would hold off on the spot on til they are OK, it can be quite an assault on the system of sensitive dogs.

I hardly ever use flea stuff on mine direct, I spray the house twice a year: does the trick, and i know as Taki has FAD. I use Zodiac Household Maxi, no smell!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks Mary. It's the worming part that I'm most wanting from it? Then again, I suppose this Metronidazole will kill them all off anyways? I have left a message to ask an actual VET whether or not it would be advisable to do this now or wait until everything has settled down. Of course, my gut instinct here is telling me to wait, just like yours is, but then something's niggling me that I need to kill everything off in there by way of a good wormer, maybe a Drontal again then? Oh this is a nightmare for me! Zena has now sussed the ab's in the chicken, so she's going to have to have the Georgie treatment and get them thrown down her throat now so that she can't smell them in the chicken and rice and I did disguise them in the chicken first before putting the food down, but sadly, she chewed a bit of it with one in it and I know myself how foul they taste! I managed to get the enteritis paste syringe into them first though, so that's good, and I managed to clip some of her sharp nails with no problems, so that cheered me up a bit!
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »