Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
Chicken and rice does turn poo yellow, not sure why. Any change of food will affect the colour.
Tala's on chicken and rice still so welcome to the club
Yayyy, somebody else with a gsd, another beautiful longcoat too, who has yellow poo!!! Now that really HAS put my mind at rest! Somebody has told me that gsd's are notorious to suffer like this in really hot weather too. Let's hope Tala is soon off her chicken and rice diet then and will be back to normal, all the best with her.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope Zena and Georgie are feeling better soon. Ollie is having the odd days here and there with upset tummy. I do wonder if there is something about all this hot weather and people not picking up their dogs poo's.
Thanks Lynn, I've never seen so much of it around as I have this past week. I wonder if the wild animals that normally relish it have gone off it too in this heat??! We know why it is though really don't we (nice weather, oh, let's take the dog out somewhere different instead of round the block! )
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Aw Helena, I hope both Zena and Georgie get over the yellow skitters! I give Loki cold boiled water when she's had the skitters but I don't give her food until it clears up. Hope by now that they are both skitter free!!

Hugs to both of them and to you as well.

Take care. xxxx
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 05:55 PM
My boxer had the runs badly 2 days ago, and after starving her for a day, and then giving her live yoghurt, she had chicken and rice this morning, to my horror, just now, she did an orange yellow coloured loose poo, but having read this thread I am not so worried!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Helena
Sorry if this repeats others input but I haven't read all the posts...have you tried probiotic, either natural yogurt or powder/pills from health food shop?

mary
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry I've missed this but my puter has been playing up plus I have been sooooo busy decorating.

Poor Zena and Georgie, can't add anything but just to say I hope they get well soon.

As if you haven't got enough to worry about too

Ring me if you want a gab and a moan

Elaine xxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Helena
Sorry if this repeats others input but I haven't read all the posts...have you tried probiotic, either natural yogurt or powder/pills from health food shop?

mary
VERY good point,i forgot to mention that hope all goes well
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw Helena, I hope both Zena and Georgie get over the yellow skitters! I give Loki cold boiled water when she's had the skitters but I don't give her food until it clears up. Hope by now that they are both skitter free!!

Hugs to both of them and to you as well.

Take care. xxxx
Thanks Rose. Have to report Georgie is skitter free, although still yellow Zena is like a hosepipe and yellow, but nothing since this morning on our walk, so I suppose that's good???!!!

Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
My boxer had the runs badly 2 days ago, and after starving her for a day, and then giving her live yoghurt, she had chicken and rice this morning, to my horror, just now, she did an orange yellow coloured loose poo, but having read this thread I am not so worried!
Oh that has REALLY put my mind at rest now, although of course, I'm so sorry to hear your poor little Boxer is suffering like this. I'm sure it's this hot weather and something nasty is going around don't you? Let's hope once they've had it, they'll become immune to whatever this is! Good luck with your boy

Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Helena

mary
Now funny you should mention that Mary, because I have always given them live yoghurt of an evening before bed, and I told the vet I do this, but she said that is not enough to replace good bacteria in DOGS, it's fine for humans, but not dogs, they need something a lot stronger and then she never included it with my medication I will pick some up from them tomorrow when I take my stool samples in though, it's got to be because Zena has now had almost 2 weeks of ab's so she has nothing left in her gut after that (good bacteria I mean).Thanks Mary.

Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Sorry I've missed this but my puter has been playing up plus I have been sooooo busy decorating.

Poor Zena and Georgie, can't add anything but just to say I hope they get well soon.

As if you haven't got enough to worry about too

Ring me if you want a gab and a moan

Elaine xxx
Hi Elaine, I'll be having a gab and a moan probably by tomorrow morning then!!!! xxxxx

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
VERY good point,i forgot to mention that hope all ges well
Thanks again Tupacs2legs, but it's not enough, I need something stronger from the vet, but I will continue to give them a dollop on a daily basis just coz it makes me feel better and they love it!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Hope it's just a bug and they're back to normal soon.....Bless 'em x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Rose. Have to report Georgie is skitter free, although still yellow Zena is like a hosepipe and yellow, but nothing since this morning on our walk, so I suppose that's good???!!!

Oh that has REALLY put my mind at rest now, although of course, I'm so sorry to hear your poor little Boxer is suffering like this. I'm sure it's this hot weather and something nasty is going around don't you? Let's hope once they've had it, they'll become immune to whatever this is! Good luck with your boy

Now funny you should mention that Mary, because I have always given them live yoghurt of an evening before bed, and I told the vet I do this, but she said that is not enough to replace good bacteria in DOGS, it's fine for humans, but not dogs, they need something a lot stronger and then she never included it with my medication I will pick some up from them tomorrow when I take my stool samples in though, it's got to be because Zena has now had almost 2 weeks of ab's so she has nothing left in her gut after that (good bacteria I mean).Thanks Mary.

Hi Elaine, I'll be having a gab and a moan probably by tomorrow morning then!!!! xxxxx

Thanks again Tupacs2legs, but it's not enough, I need something stronger from the vet, but I will continue to give them a dollop on a daily basis just coz it makes me feel better and they love it!
you can get lacto-b or protexin profesional without script(its not a drug) i would use it for at least 14days or long term if needs be
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks Lou

Hi T can I get that from the vets then?? I MUST get some tomorrow from wherever. Maybe Holland and Barret or something?
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »