Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 04:11 PM

A really good walk :-)

After Ramble's (I think) thread about positive walks I thought I'd post about todays walk.

I was supposed to be going to get my first tattoo today, but my friend couldn't take me so I decided to take Bryan for an extra long walk.

We started off going through the fields over to Scunny woods (it's proper name is Skerningham Woods). We met a guy I know with 2 springers called Rob and Dan. He told us there was a bullock running loose so I was on the lookout for that (planned to try and catch it with my lead, but we never saw, maybe the guy was seeing things ).

We went right through Scunny woods and out onto the plantation. It's only the second time I've been up there but it's really lovely. It only takes about 30 minutes to get there from my house so I'll be going there much more often now.

On our way back we met a couple with three dobes. Bryan had a lovely time playing with them. Even the adult entire male was play bowing and went all puppy like with Bryan. The owners were really surprised as they'd warned me he was a bit tempremental.

On our way back we walked past a GSD on a lead and Bryan stopped, looked at it and walked on really nicely (instead of scampering straight up to it as he usually does!).

So, all in all a brill walk. We went for about 4 miles - it's the furthest I've walked on my own since I started walking again
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 04:22 PM
That does sound like a lovely walk
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Well done you! I bet you feel great now and Bryan is such a good boy!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
That's really lovely to hear! Sounds like you both had a fab walk!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys! We're doing it again on Sunday. My friend is at her grandson's christening all day so I'm looking after her Springer Spaniel.

It's funny cos her husband said 'Tell her not to let him off his lead - he won't come back'.

She said 'He has better recall for Sarah than he does for me'

That's cos I have stinky fish biscuits in my pocket
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
We had a lovely walk today as well!

I was feeling a bit under the weather this morning and rushing about getting my son's birthday cake made so the dog's were getting restless and silly.

I didn't get them out until much later than usual and decided to take them for a longer walk. After a skittish start Pepper behaved beautifully, lead on and off and on and off with no fuss at all. Then she saw a bunny and didn't chase it!!! Wonders will never cease!!! (I think if it had made a run for it she would have gone but it made the sensible choice to stay still. )

By the way, Sarah27, what tatoo are you getting? Also are the stinky fish biscuits homemade? Pepper is responding to sardine cake even better than she does to liver cake at our agility lessons. They do love something smelly!

Hope you have another lovely walk on Sunday!

J
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Well done Bryan
Glad to hear it was an all round good walk
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm getting an Om symbol. It's the symbol of Brahma and the Buddha and means being at one with the universe.

This morning we met two lovely staffies. They were so beautifully behaved. They were trotting along off lead with their lady owner. Bryan went up to them, they all had a sniff of each other then they all trotted along on their merry way

Just thought I'd mention it cos the only times staffies seem to get a mention is when someone's dog has been attacked by one

P.S. Stand by for Tilly (also known as A) photos......
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
It's been the week for good walks for me!

Yesterday we went for a 5 mile hike around the Tees Forest with Bryan and his springer mate Benson (I was dogsitting for the day).

This morning we walked round the park and Bryan played with a rottie for the first time He saw two dogs while he was on lead and didn't bark at them, then there was a 16 month old yorkie outside the shop. Bryan didn't bark at him either so I let him go over to say hello.

Then this afternoon we've been for another long walk around Skerningham woods because I'm looking after Tilly for the day.

Hope this good spell goes on forever