View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes Malka. It's why I got another dog after losing Charlie - even after 2yrs without one and my insistence I never would again (due to the heartbreak of course) - I just could not get used to 'life without a dog' and don't think I ever would have done.

I can remember feeling a bit like this sat on the couch at nights just before I made my mind up to get another one.

You always think you could never love another 'new' dog as much as the one you lost - but of course the reality is that they are all different - have different traits and personalities and you do love them as much even if for some different reasons (bit like I always say about kids when you have them - love them all the same - but oh boy are some of them EASIER to love and understand than others!)
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Setting me off here
Reunion will be amazing Pat,you'll be home a day and it'll be like you were never away.Bella will be so happy to have you back and despite all your little jokes about her preferring to be in a separate room etc,its so obvious how much you adore each other She'll have missed you so much,whilst being treated like royalty of course In her eyes,no doubt there's no one like Mrs Pat
2 more days
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Pat we can all empathise with just how much you must be missing Bella because we would be just the same with our dogs .

Keep telling yourself it won't be long now till you can have a cuddle with your little one
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Pat, I know how you are feeling, I've missed having Rianna with me on my travels. Last night when I was talking to OH on SKYPE I could hear her snoring away in the background

She lost her companion (Baruska) in June and now she doesn't know where I am. OH says she is desperate for company and when not asleep she follows her around like a shadow.

I fully understand why you would like to stay until Christmas. Perhaps the best would be to plan a visit next summer with Bella and stay for a couple of months.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Aww Pat huge hugs! When I went to New Zealand for 3 months I missed my dogs most of all. It's difficult and being apart from them especially unexpectedly. I never feel quite right without a little furry soul at my feet.

You're not far from me at the moment, I could always drop one of my lot (or all of them ) round for a visit!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Not long now to have that big dog in her little dog body giving you lots of doggie kisses, then she'll be off on HER day bed and will ignore you for days.....

The thing is, some of us spend a long time on our own with our dogs, and it is a wrench when we dont see them for a time and we miss them dreadfully. I know when we used to go on holiday, muses for a min about holidays.... muse done, I would miss my pets and have been known to come home early, when holidaying in UK cos I missed my dog so much, although, it might also have something to do with the ex....

to you xxx
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Pat I can only imagine how you feel at the moment - keep with the positive thoughts, you're spending time with your son, she's going to be having a fab holiday and the reunion will be just amazing xx
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Do you think she is missing you as much as you are missing her?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2