Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Cheers guys. For those who have answered, can I ask if a smack on the bottom would have prevented situation 3, would you have done it? I'm not talking a whopping great belt here, i'm talking a slap that in play they wouldn't so much as blink at....
Have been in scenario three with a springer out of control.Grabbed either side of my dogs neck from behind bawling leave it,hey presto she left it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 12:47 AM
number three,,,,sometimes covering a dogs eyes or head will make it let go,,, but as to the question of a smack, sure if it makes the dog let go,,
sometimes light pressure on the front of a dogs neck can work, but dont go whacking wind pipes,
,one and two,, Well one I try not to walk three rotts, but I would try to put them behind me,,,
num 2 as others say wait untill you see how the dog is going to react,,
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Situation 1

(I have 3 dogs) - Walk away. Fingal & breagh will follow me regardless. The only dog that might not is Skye but I know he can defend himself against 99% of dogs and of the 1% able to harm him - he can out-run 99% of them .

Situation 2

Small dog or big dog - Either way - I let them meet. I can call mine back at any time

Situation 3

Naughty naughty Skye. Been here.

A Papillon (off lead) attacked Skye. It came in from 'underneath' and did some damage - Skye was on a lead and despite me dragging him down the street - this wee dog kept on at us. In the end my Skye picked it up by the head, shook it like a toy and ripped it's left ear off.

We saw the Papillion for a while afterwards - big umbrella - the owner (an old lady) said her dog always did that so 'no hard feelings'

Despite the fact that (off lead) he'd have just run off for a quiet life -I pointed out to her that she should be gratefull that Skye was on a lead that day.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2