Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 01:58 AM

Have you always been a dog lover?

Have you loved dogs as long as you can remember or did something happen to make you love them?

I always liked dogs, but they were equal with all the other animals I liked. As a young child I always preferred cats! I think it was a case a case of the grass is always greener kind of thing. We had a dog but there was no way my dad would get a cat, so of course I wanted one

Then a few years ago I became obsessed with dogs I spotted a dog in the street but didn't know what breed it was. So I went on a mission to learn as many dog breeds as I could Now I love them above all the other animals I could own
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2006, 02:39 AM
Jeez

Come to my house

2 dogs, 4 cats

As for the dog v cat thing

They both have their own ways of making the other seem stupid!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2006, 02:40 AM
PS

The dog in the street - what was it ?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 02:54 AM
My earliest memories on this are that I was drawn to all animals and have always had more empathy with them than humans. I understand them and trust them more than humans, and always have been so.
If a Lion eats a human, its not personal, but humans stab other humans in the back, and do far worse, at the drop of a hat.
Dont get me wrong, there are lots of humans that I like very much but no human will *ever* come before my crew and thats the way I`ve felt since my very earliest experiences of animals.

No suprise that I`m a divorcee, very insular, and intend to stay that way :smt044
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Wow

Not a bad angle to take I guess but......
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm sat here just now....

It's 3:00 in the morning.

Both my dogs are asleep as I sit here like a **** on the PC

Murphy (one of my cats) is asleep in the arm chair.

He has a whistle (from his nose ) as he breathes.

Skye (dog) is fast asleep and couldn't give a hoop.

Fingal (dog) is raising an eyebrow / cocking an ear because he can't work out what the funny sound is.

Funny just watching them - but they're so dumb compared to the cat.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by dinners85 View Post
Wow

Not a bad angle to take I guess but......
But......... what ?
My crew are there for me through thick and thin, I trust them implicitly. No human will ever match their importance to me, I`m just not made to be any other way. I`ve felt a closer bond to animals than to people for as long as I`ve had thought processes, same as some [ including me ] are not predisposed to wanting kids. My father reckons I was born holding a lead, [ which would have made my mothers eyes smart somewhat :smt005 ], metaphorically speaking [ I think he was being metaphorical anyway ]
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2006, 03:46 AM
born holding a lead - i like that

Phil
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 06:18 AM
Ever since i can remember I've liked animals. We were never alowed one when I was little as my dad and 2 of my sisters were asthmatic.

I think my love for dogs was from when a neighbours dog, called Judy used to be sat on our doorstep as soon as we opened the door. She was a little xbreed terrier and was such a sweetie. Since then I've always sworn that I would own my own dog when I was older.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Yes without a doubt I was brought with dogs and wanted my own from the moment I left home, know I can't live without them.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »