View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2005, 01:24 PM

My dog has turned into a Stroppy Teenager, is this normal .

Shadow is now 9 and a bit months old, shes fully house trained and knows quite a few commands, which she always responds too.

Overnight she seems to have turned into a stroppy teenager, almost having mood swings. One minute shes being a little darling, giving nice kisses, cuddling up, and just being a little angel. Then she seems to turn into this big stroppy teenager, she just keeps being so naughty. For example, we've never had trouble with shadow going in the bin in the kitchen, we've told her "no" when shes been near it before, and she's always left it alone. Last night she must have been at the bin at least 10 times. She was driving me mad, its like shes trying to drive me to my limits.

I've read that dogs go through a teenage phase, at around this age, is that true? She just seems to be acting like a typical teenager would, and shes driving me mad!

How long does this last?!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh dear.....I'm going through this at the moment with Lennon (he's 14 months) and he's a little b*gger. Total defiance to the max. I could happily strangle him. I'm not sure exactly how long it's gonna last, but I have a feeling it's about 6 months. I hope someone will correct me......

Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Yes they do, both dogs and bitches but it may be that your bitch is coming into season, would start checking now if I was you. I used to use a white tissue and push it against the bitches part every morning and you will see a slight discolouration when she starts.
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Shes been spayed, but thanks for the advise.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 02:18 PM
My Dusty is here too,(11 months) she just doesn't want to listen to what I have to say to her anymore, moody little minky, defiant to the max indeed!, she was such a good little girl!

When I got Charlie he started this at about 12 months and it lasted untill he was about 2 (OH NOOOOOOOOO I HEAR YOU ALL SCREAM!) HOWEVER he was a rescue and I only got him at 10months, so i'm guessing that this all prolonged the period...

Was one helluva time tho
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Cassie's 15 months and a demanding little moo at the minute. Constantly barking for treats and stamping her feet if she doesn't get them (seriously!) Spent yesterday afternoon chasing her on the beach cause she decided she'd never been taught recall! Then good as gold for the OH today so yes, know exactly what you mean
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
blackie has been a little s*d the last few weeks and we have been saying hes being a teenager. he obeys me but wont do anything for o/h or the other way round. guess we are going to enjoy the next few months
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Im so glad its not just me who has to suffer!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 03:58 PM
well thereis a lot to be said for getting an adult from a rescue!!!! i dont envy you all!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 04:32 PM
No, not just you shadow, could have strangled her yesterday on the beach. Made me look like a useless dog owner.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >