katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:59 AM
all the above and all sooooooo true

my extras are -

spending more on phoebe than anything else

putting her first in all circumstances

Holding off on fertility treatment as she is my number 1 baby and must always come first
glitter fairy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2012, 11:07 AM
when your dog gets home from surgery at the vets and you and your hubby eat beans on toast for a week so you can feed him fresh cooked chicken breast with rice because you feel so guilty for leaving him overnight.

when you deliver mail and your customers dogs get excited to see you because they know you have a pocket full of treats.

when your customers dogs drag them down the road on a walk because they want you rub their belly

when a customer tells you their dog has developed a close bond with you because their dog has just been out running across fields with a doggy friend and moves for nothing (not even treats) for a good few hours because they are so tired but as soon as you walk up the garden path they jump up and scratch at the front door to be let out so they can say hello to you.

when you go to the dog beach and stand waist height in cold water to show your dog that loves the water but will not go out of his depth that swimming is fun (he now loves swimming)
DogsKickAss
New Member!
Female 

19-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Your step brother who's been staying with you for the last six months tells you that you treat your dogs better than most of his friends treat their kids.

When there are expectations of how company treats the dogs and if they don't meet them they need to leave.

When the dogs get to have more room to sleep in the bed than you do.

When your friends tell you that their jealous cuz ur dogs eat better than they do.
Sky & Joys Dad
New Member!
Male 

20-10-2012, 05:53 PM
You're a dog lover when with a perfectly god car you buy another to make them more comfortable on the occasions when you go "a bit further"
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I know Im a dog lover when......

humans in the house are sick I tell them where the medicine is and give them a drink packing them off to bed to get better.....but when the dogs sick I stay up all night, sleeping downstairs and jumping up every minute to see to their needs.

When the dog vomit's all over my lap and I say Oh! baby tell mommy whats up, its ok Mommy is here.

When friends come round and I warn them ''not to dress up'' due to hairs

When friends say they will come to visit if I put the dogs in the kitchen......I tell them not to bother as the dogs live here.

When I don't allow anyone to take my dogs for a walk as I feel Im the only one trusted to do so.

When I ask hubby to pass me something as I don't want to disturb the dog (who asleep on or near my lap)

When I play 'round and round the garden' on the dogs belly

When I sit massaging my dogs feet

When I tell hubby to put the heater on for the dogs on a cold night
In my case...absolutely all of the above
Ayak
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2012, 11:42 AM
These are brilliant and I have to own up to doing an awful lot of them.

Also, in winter here money is tight but I will always buy my dogs food before buying mine. My husband says they eat better than we do...but fortunately he doesn't mind
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4