View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2009, 05:50 PM
When we first got Maggie she cowered a lot. She'd go flat on her tummy whenever someone went to greet her or vice versa.
Once she settled properly (about 2/3 months) she stopped and now greets everyone with a waggy tail and on all fours.

I'm sure given time your boy will learn that he is safe and can relax. Well done on rescuing and giving him a lovely home he deserves.
slimjim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I took Ozzy for a walk today in the country side. He loved the small river, he was like a pig in......, well you know what i mean.
I let him off the lead (extendable) for about 5 minutes to have fun in the water, i felt a bit uncomfortable after that time because he seemed to go further away and get over excited.
He doesnt like walking along the edge of the woods, dont know if its because of the sounds of the trees or the darkness in there.
We came across a man who took an interest in him but Ozzy cowerd against a bush, but the man seemed to know what to do and just stood there untill Ozzy came up to him and eventually Ozzy was all over him.
Ozzy also seem to get really anxious near busy roads.
He does seem to be settled more in our house and napping more.
Pics will be posted soon.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Aaawww can't wait to see his picture
I've a feeling he will soon settle in your kind and patient home.
Good luck.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Cant wait to see a piccie! Good on you for rescuing him! He sounds lovely!
What a bit of luck to meet a man on the walk who understood I bet it did him the world of good! If it had been the wrong person you could have gone back a load of steps!

Good luck!!
slimjim
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Pics have now been place in 'your dog picture' section.
There are some that I took yesterday and a couple that his previous owner sent us.
Happy viewing,
James.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi, and welcome

Perhaps you could start a training class to get him used to people, other dogs. I go to Delamare dog training in Fishpool on a Sun morning...not too far from you! and well worth the effort. We have 2 BC rescues and Poppy, the youngest was a nightmare when we first got her, frightened of roads, cars, and would lunge at any dog that came near her, all fear I might add.

We have been going to Delamare now for about 6 months and the difference in her is unbelievable, still has issues with other dogs, when she is on the lead but were working on that one.

http://www.delameredogtraining.co.uk/

Elaine xxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2