View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:05 PM
What a heart-warming story of a really incredible dog. Makes you feel so humble when you hear stories like this. That is what I would call deep devotion.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
We all think we know how important guide dogs are to their owners but when you hear a story like this it makes you realise how amazing and life changing these dogs are, and to know you have played an important part in this must make you feel proud beyond words
It always stuns me to be honest, I know a few working partnerships now and to hear the owners speak about the bond and the things the dogs do, is just beyond belief. They are amazing dogs and amazing people, they really do put their lives in the dogs hands every day....amazing.
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Isn't that marvellous! They do such amazing jobs those dogs and he is obviously no exception, well done (and to the trainer for doing such a fab job!!)
His Mobility instructor is an exceptional lady, just exceptional.

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
You must be so proud of him Ailsa; and rightly so. You were a very big part in getting him trained to the stage he's at now. I remember how torn you were when it came to time for him to leave you. And just look at him now doing a fabulous job and having an adoring owner.

As you know, I get to know the guide dogs on their "time off". Whenever I meet one of them in harness they amaze me at how sensible and responsible they are. And they love their work! You just have to lift that harness and see them excited to get out and working. And of course equally enjoy it when I lift the lead to go out for a romp in the park.

What you do is such a key stage in the process and invaluable.
That's it, they are happy to do the job at hand. The owner was telling me today that the dog comes running when he hears the harness and puts his head into it for him. He said he can feel his tail hitting his leg the whole time he's working as he's wagging away so happily!

We were thinking we wouldn't do it again....then we thought we would...then we thought we wouldn't....now we are thinking we should and we probably will....
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Wow that is fantastic, and no wonder you are so proud.

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Fantastice, uou must so proud of hime, lucky guy and dog to have built up such a special bond!!
aren't they? I know I love my dogs and we have a good bond, but I cannot ever imagine what a bond like they have must be like.

Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
WOW!! What a story!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
What a heart-warming story of a really incredible dog. Makes you feel so humble when you hear stories like this. That is what I would call deep devotion.
It is isn't it? The thing is it's totally mutual, you can hear it when the owner speaks about him. He adores him
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm so pleased for you. I can only imagine how proud you must be of him. He' is an guardian angel that's for sure.

Heidi
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:49 PM
How wonderful
brought a lump to my throat. x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
I'm so pleased for you. I can only imagine how proud you must be of him. He' is an guardian angel that's for sure.

Heidi
He is...and a mad one at that!
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
How wonderful
brought a lump to my throat. x
Me too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I must tell my guide dog puppy lady about this A, she'll be well impressed too, although probably not surprised! She's the one who had Millie the Blue Peter puppy, who has since gone on (total and utter nutcase, just like Simon was and they are doing brilliantly!) She now has a new baby, forgotten her name, and I'm afraid this time, she's in love, and I think this one will be the most painful, plus she's the nortiest EVER she says! Maybe it's another Blue Peter one I will find out

I'm always in awe of these fantastic dogs, in fact, all the dogs that are trained to work for people like this, they just amaze me, truly brilliant!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 08:37 PM
What an amazing story, Ailsa. You must be totally chuffed to bits honey. Well done to both you and your protege!

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I must tell my guide dog puppy lady about this A, she'll be well impressed too, although probably not surprised! She's the one who had Millie the Blue Peter puppy, who has since gone on (total and utter nutcase, just like Simon was and they are doing brilliantly!) She now has a new baby, forgotten her name, and I'm afraid this time, she's in love, and I think this one will be the most painful, plus she's the nortiest EVER she says! Maybe it's another Blue Peter one I will find out

I'm always in awe of these fantastic dogs, in fact, all the dogs that are trained to work for people like this, they just amaze me, truly brilliant!
I think the thing that gets me the most about guide dogs, is the fact that they are trained to be incredibly obedient, but that they are also trained to make decisions, which is incredible. I don't think my pup is the only dog to have refused a direct command to move, because he saw the danger, infact, I think across the UK and indeed the world, it is probably a daily occurence. These dogs make that much of a difference. It's incredible.

I found it very difficult to part with all of the pups....
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
What an amazing story, Ailsa. You must be totally chuffed to bits honey. Well done to both you and your protege!

Ta. I don't feel like we do much as we do enjoy it. The great shall we shan't we debate is officially back on.... My son says a big 'YES'....
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 09:20 AM
What a special bond they have, lovely news Ailsa
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >