Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 08:05 AM

Noise

I could not believe on coming back from my Dog walk, Roofers were back on New House being built 3 gardens away from us & cutting roof tiles, the noise is deafning, we had it all day yesterday too..............I suppose there is no law against it!
Another day with all windows & door shut
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Have just looked on my Local Aurthority Council Website, evidently there can be work going on Mon-Fri normal hours, Saturday until 12 midday(theyt were there all day yesterday) NOT ON A SUNDAY!!!!! I have emailed a complaint, whether anything will be done I don't know as by the time they get email, they will have done the roof I expect!!

This is no good for my Blood Pressure
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I think some councils have a 24hour Enviromental Health department don't they?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Im so sorry sweep your weekend is being ruined by unnessecary building work that could be done monday to friday
hopefully something can be sorted though i doubt very much itll be sorted today , hopefully next weekend will be more peaceful
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Well they are still at it!!

I doubt anything will be done, but felt better for complaining

Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Can i show you the flip side of the coin please!

Most builders will want to get the roof on a building to make it watertight and its likely he saw on tv that the weather for next week is going to be terrible so had no option but to work sunday.

I used to be a roofer and ensuring the building is weathertight was the ultimate priority-soaked interiors take ages to dry/pump out and can cause damage.No person who works in the building trade enjoys working weekends by the way,but sometimes theres no other option.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Can i show you the flip side of the coin please!

Most builders will want to get the roof on a building to make it watertight and its likely he saw on tv that the weather for next week is going to be terrible so had no option but to work sunday.

I used to be a roofer and ensuring the building is weathertight was the ultimate priority-soaked interiors take ages to dry/pump out and can cause damage.No person who works in the building trade enjoys working weekends by the way,but sometimes theres no other option.
I appreciate that, also the earthquake we had has probably hampered their time too - even so it was Sunday
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Honestly Sweep-sunday working for a builder is probably the biggest taboo and its likely he had no other option.The great British weather is probably responsible for more set backs than anything else on building sites.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I know but when they have been at it most of the week, the noise does grate,.................well I guess it is done now only internal stuff to be done now.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Amazing! No one on Site today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >