Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 05:33 PM

Can we do a dogsey rescue?

Check this thread

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=137500

I am happy to give rescue remedy a fiver towards buying this poor little bitch---if 19 other people can do the same we could do it. I know everyone is strapped for cash at the moment so it is a bit5 ofa shot in the dark. I am about to go through all the hidden cash places I have for loose change!

Rescue remedy may not be able to take her and we may not raise enough but it is worth a go.

If we do manage it maybe we could do another fiver towards her spaying after christmas?

The money would have to go straight to the organisation, that way we could be sure that it was kosha.

Maybe everyone who gives could go in a draw to rename her so that she starts a new life with a new name and new hope.

Any takers?

rune
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Count me in - £10 if necessary.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm in too, can also do £10 if it's needed.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks---I have hunted down a tenner as well but anything will be good. I have written to ask if the can take her and written to milo's owner to ask if she will help get her out. Maybe say she has a home lined up.

We'll see, it is such a bad time for everyone---which is probably why they want rid of her for cash.

rune
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Hmmm let me check my purse...right I can do!
Only a fiver though - I normally give a rescue some pennies or some dog food (48 cans last year)
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I would check with RR - it's not just a case of the £100 to buy her but having the room, time and resources for yet another Staffie. I walk at one of the RR kennels and there is a whole row of RR dogs, many have sat there for months.
I really hope they can help but there is a neverending "supply" of needy Staffies and just not enough rescue spaces/homes.
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:06 PM
I will give £5
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I dont want to put a damper on this as I believe the genuine thought is there but is it not liken to lining the pockets of puppy farmers or BYB's?

The lady does not want to give her dog up to a rescue (which would be the better option for the dog if the right rescue was chosen) but instead, will only give the dog up on receipt of £100.

IMO, she does not have the dogs interests at heart but is thinking of the money so I will not be handing over any of my cash.

There are hundreds of adverts in the local papers, on websites etc with dogs in similar situations, why this particular dog?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I dont want to put a damper on this as I believe the genuine thought is there but is it not liken to lining the pockets of puppy farmers or BYB's?

The lady does not want to give her dog up to a rescue (which would be the better option for the dog if the right rescue was chosen) but instead, will only give the dog up on receipt of £100.

IMO, she does not have the dogs interests at heart but is thinking of the money so I will not be handing over any of my cash.

There are hundreds of adverts in the local papers, on websites etc with dogs in similar situations, why this particular dog?
I was really hoping that christmas spirit would manage to kill the usual stuff that messes up threads.

If you don't want to try and help for whatever reasons then no one will judge you.

Can you NOT turn this thread into a discussion please and could you not judge anyone who might want to at least try. If you want to give towards a dog who you feel 'deserves' your support then by all means do so.

rune
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Happy to help if you need me to. xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »