Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover
Absolutely yes! You're right, the 'Guide' can be so damned slow. I'm the type that lets little things really wind me up at times, especially when the solution is beyond my control, and this winds me up almost daily. Lately it seems to have become much slower. But...

Worse than that.... I sleep only four hours a day, always have done, and, I suspect, always will. My partner however, sleeps like most others, around eight hours a day. Now the fun starts. You're watching a program at 02:00 in the morning at a relatively low volume so as not to wake people. You decide to look at the guide and "BOOM" the volume seems to shoot up and you're instantly transported to the "Film Flex" preview in the preview window, so you can't continue to watch what you were watching as you browse the guide, and you have to keep dashing for the volume controls on the remote!

I think it's going to be swapped for SKY before too long!
Yeah what is it with the volume? Its different on every channel

Have had the engineer round today need to change my cables but the soonest they can do that is two weeks! I told them not to bother because come Nov I wont be a customer anymore and I dont want my already up in the air house to be turned upside down for a bit of crappy tv.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by leo
The sky braodband service is only available in certain areas so you'll have to check with them on availability. The cost is cheaper than any other provider on the market at the moment.
The BB service is throught BT phones lines so you will only get a limited speed depnding how far you are away from the exchange you wouldn't get a faster connection speed with any other provider through BT lines it is what it is no one can make it go faster even if BT was your isp.

I know this because we switched from wanadoo to BT the speed stayed the same and i will be changing again just for the cost to sky when my year is up with BT.

The sky tv not had a problem with it at all very could service lose signal in bad weather but thats only for a while untill the boost the downstream to compensat for it.
We're with NTL/Telewest not through choice though, we can't get SKY here, have tried many times even with the extended pole on the roof and still can't get any signal.

I must say we have TV/Telephone and the 10MB broadband and it has been great, we've just upgraded to the new TV Drive with Telewest, it's great, can't fault it at all.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2