View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm so sorry that you are feeling upset Lynn, it was inevitable and unavoidable, unfortunately.

At least, if nothing else, you can console yourselves that there was nothing on this earth that was going to save your darling boy and that the decision you made was the only one possible.

(((Hugs))) from me and Hen xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Hugs Lynn xx

At least you know that there was nothing more you could have done for Ollie,you tried your best but sadly it wasn't to be.

I hope these results have now put your mind at ease and can help you move forward.

Thinking of you xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks all.

It feels a bit like losing him all over again at the moment but I am glad I know and that whatever we had of done we couldn't of saved him.

Thank you Joedee I had read about the test now for DM in the GSD I will e-mail Nadia and mention it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:26 PM
In a way Lynn reading that Im glad that you now know that there was little else you could of done. I know you and Gordon have approached yourselves about the timing and whether you were too soon to call it a day, now you can both feel less guiltly in the knowledge that you did everything just right xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best wishes and Love to you both xxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
In a way Lynn reading that Im glad that you now know that there was little else you could of done. I know you and Gordon have approached yourselves about the timing and whether you were too soon to call it a day, now you can both feel less guiltly in the knowledge that you did everything just right xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best wishes and Love to you both xxxxxxxxx
Thank you so much Steph.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Lynn it has bought it all back so you will be feeling raw and upset over it again, thats just natural. But at least now you have the answers and you know you done everything just right for him and couldn't have done anymore or timed things any better for him. I hope this knowledge will ease your mind soon so that you can then move on and look forward to the future and of course a new addition.
You will never forget Ollie he was very very special, but feel happy and proud to have been blessed with him and able to share those happy precious years with him, they were the main part of your time together, not just those last few sad weeks.
I can honestly say if I ever come back as a dog I would want to be your dog, I couldn't think of a home I would get better care. Ollie was a very very lucky boy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Lynn it has bought it all back so you will be feeling raw and upset over it again, thats just natural. But at least now you have the answers and you know you done everything just right for him and couldn't have done anymore or timed things any better for him. I hope this knowledge will ease your mind soon so that you can then move on and look forward to the future and of course a new addition.
You will never forget Ollie he was very very special, but feel happy and proud to have been blessed with him and able to share those happy precious years with him, they were the main part of your time together, not just those last few sad weeks.
I can honestly say if I ever come back as a dog I would want to be your dog, I couldn't think of a home I would get better care. Ollie was a very very lucky boy.

Awww Bev thank you.

Gorden and I both say he was meant to be ours because he was always special needs and was eventually going to need a lot of extra love and attention which I sincerely hope we did right for him.

I remember the day we went to pick our puppy there was a choice between two and I nearly didn't pick Ollie but every time I went to the other pup something drew me back to Ollie. We both really believe he was meant to be ours because no one else would of understood or put up with his funny ways. Of course I know that is very conceited and not true but he was meant to come to us because he was going to need us and I hope we gave him all he needed in his to short but hopefully happy life.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh Lynn, my heart goes out to you, it really does. You must be a whirl of emotions at the minute. I know you're greiving hard but I really hope the PM results will help you put that guilt behind you. Both you and Nadia did exactly the right thing, it was so hard to find out what was wrong and the tragic outcome would have been the same. Now you know and hopefully you can now start coming to terms with this whole sad episode. You did everything you could for Ollie and I really admire you
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Kyesh sends you one of his special cuddles, all the huggs and woofs from here to you and Gordon. Everything else seems inadaquate. Luv. Gayle. Xxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I remember the day we went to pick our puppy there was a choice between two and I nearly didn't pick Ollie but every time I went to the other pup something drew me back to Ollie. We both really believe he was meant to be ours because no one else would of understood or put up with his funny ways. Of course I know that is very conceited and not true but he was meant to come to us because he was going to need us and I hope we gave him all he needed in his to short but hopefully happy life.
I don't think so at all Lynn, not everyone would have carried on with a dog that had difficulties, many people like an easy life where their dogs are concerned, others will battle on with more challenging issues.

I think that you and Gordon were destined to be Ollie's mum and dad, just as he was destined to be your little boy.

I know things will be raw again now but at least you, Gordon and Nadia now have confirmation that there was nothing more that you could have done for your beautiful boy.xx
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >