Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
roxy13
New Member!
Female 

09-01-2010, 03:00 PM

Why is my puppy so skinny?

I think my 4 month old Cocker Spaniel has eaten some cat poo. She is off her normal dog food, she is getting skinny and she has normal poo then soft then runny then back to soft again.
I have just wormed her, she was not due to be wormed yet.
I have been giving her chicken/rice and eggs today.
Any advise.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
If at all worried about a pup i would take a trip to the vets, pups of a young age can go down hill quickly so its best to seek your vets advice and be sure, if you do no for sure that she has eatten sometime to cause this she could be ill for other reasons..
Good luck and hope she is ok..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by roxy13 View Post
I think my 4 month old Cocker Spaniel has eaten some cat poo. She is off her normal dog food, she is getting skinny and she has normal poo then soft then runny then back to soft again.
I have just wormed her, she was not due to be wormed yet.
I have been giving her chicken/rice and eggs today.
Any advise.
Hi Melanie has your puppy seen a vet ? Any puppy losing weight or with a with a funny tummy lasting more than 24 hours should really see a vet.

The cat poo shouldn't harm her . Chicken and rice is a good idea ,what do you normally feed?
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Stanley was about 4 and half months when he was bit off, didn't want to eat and tucked in behind his ribs. Poos ok but was very cuddly all day, then in the evening threw up everywhere and promptly ate his tea and started playing so guess he ate something.
Just lately he has gone bit ribby so we upped his food and he's looking alot better. Think he had a growth spurt and burning more due to cold weather.
Don't know if any of that relevant but thought would share in case
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Cut out the egg and if she doesn't firm up on the chicken and rice by Monday, call the vet. Yes, the cat poo can cause a temporary digestive upset, but otherwise shouldn't hurt.

At 4 1/2 months, they aren't as likely to be threatened by disease. At least one of their immunizations should have taken.