Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 11:22 AM

Please please please someone help me retrieve photos I have "lost"

PLEASE can someone help me

I don't know what I have done, I was trying to put my photos from, this weekend from My Pictures folder in my documents onto a cd and I couldn't get them to copy so I STUPIDLY selected "MOVE" and selected to move them to D:\ drive (my CD) the cd whirred it moved files everything great and then I tried to view them on cd and it says cannot read file disc may be corrupt???

WTF? now I cant get my photos. I still have a Windows explorer window opem that has all the files there (ie the names etc and when I hover over them it tells me the size eg 1.3 MB but when I try to do anything with those files it says cannot read from the source file or disc??

My camera is still attached but the pics are no longer on it

PLEASE PLEASE tell me I can get them somehow???

ETA: Some are on photobucket but not them all, but can I resize them and restore them as copies into my pics again?? Also I tried to put them on windows moviemaker but when I go there the icons are there with big red crosses where the pics should be
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 11:36 AM
oh crickey, I hope someone can help you.

The only thing I can think of, but doubt that it would work, would be to see if there is an 'undo' option anywhere - e.g. to undo the move?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh crickey, I hope someone can help you.

The only thing I can think of, but doubt that it would work, would be to see if there is an 'undo' option anywhere - e.g. to undo the move?
There is an undo in the My ppics folder but it is greyed out so I cant select it

I am so annoyed there were 139 photos
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Lynne do you have a separate card reader? If so remove the card from the camera and just plug in the card itself and open that way. Hopefully because that uses a different program it may find them for you.

Also have you done a search for them within your computer, because I've had it where they had dropped into a folder as a back up if they won't copy.

Just for future reference never 'move' your photos from one file to another. Always copy them, that way if it goes t*ts up you have always got the originals to fall back on.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh dear, I can't help you, but all I can say is, once you've resized in PB then you cannot make them bigger again it always says so before you resize them, unless someone knows of a way to do it? Ihope you get it sorted though. Like Colin says, I always transfer to disc if I'm going to do anything with pictures, but I usually just delete them once I've transferred to a disc. Good luck, sounds like you're gonna need it I'm afraid
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh no, here was I sitting waiting for them too! I hope you get it sorted. Next time try using Flikr to host them as it hosts them in their original size not as a smaller version...Positive vibes coming your way!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Oh no, here was I sitting waiting for them too! I hope you get it sorted. Next time try using Flikr to host them as it hosts them in their original size not as a smaller version...Positive vibes coming your way!
Managed to post a few before I became a total idiot!! Am attempting to find them now courtesy of Colin (he must dread every PM I send him as it usually involves him having to tell me how to fix something!!) Will let you know how I get on!!

With a bit of luck photos will be recovered or at least some of them. Everyone got their fingers and paws crossed???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Good old Colin, he's certainly the "man who does" on here isn't he! He saved us from an electrical house fire back at Christmas, so if he can do that for someone, I'm sure saving a few pics won't phase him! Got everything x'd for you and so has Georgie!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks H and Georgie

No luck as yet but am working on it, well when I say no luck, thats not true.....the files still exist on the memory card, it appears that the getting them from the memory card to my PC is the trickier or very costly procedure.