Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:10 AM

Welcome to 2014

The year we hoped would finally be a smooth year for us now Paul has a steady job. Not even had the luxury of one months wages to see what exactly he will take home and set a budget...when our landlords tell us they are selling our home. They home they told us they would not be selling for 15 plus years when we moved in three years ago....and the home that we have just managed to save up for a lounge carpet for and have only just been able to decorate the girls bedrooms for....all of which they knew we were doing.

The fences fell down recently and the windows have always had condensation in them so they always knew they would need doing but I pointed out to them recently that the condensation is now going moldy.

So the landlords say the £700 a month rent we pay isn't paying the mortgage....some bloody mortgage! Also they were the ones who set the rent and haven't ever mentioned increasing it!

I'm just ranting on her really as I can't rant on [a social network] as they will see it.

I just wish that they would have told us before we spent money we can now not afford on home improvements, which they knew we were doing, on stuff we cannot take with us.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I feel for you, my landlady is just as bloody minded.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Catrin life can be very unfair
I was once in a similar situation and had a six week old baby and husband seriously ill in hospital at the time.

I have learnt to let such things go and not to let them drag me down. Instead try to look at the positive things you have in your life like your beautiful children...

I hope things improve for you soon, I used to tell myself they had to because they couldn't get any worse . They did eventually..
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 12:06 PM
I am sorry for you to find yourself in that situation. Very very unfair of the landlord to let you go ahead doing renovations etc knowing that they would be selling it .... you get it looking nice and that makes it easier for them to sell.

Don't be down hearted yet. You may just find that someone buys it and is only too happy to have it already rented out.

Good luck and whatever happens may just find you in an even better situation. (((hugs))).
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone. X
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 01:30 PM
I really feel for you, some friends of mine are in a similar situation, esp as it's the second time. They are not able to buy so are looking to the council to rent now so they are stable this time.
Hope everything sorts it self for you xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I really feel for you, some friends of mine are in a similar situation, esp as it's the second time. They are not able to buy so are looking to the council to rent now so they are stable this time.
Hope everything sorts it self for you xx
Thank you. I'm going to the council tomorrow, but from friends experience, it's hostle and a years long waiting list.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Not really much that I can say Catrin, except to wish you the best of luck.

(((Hugs)))

As for those landlords of yours - they really are right boogers.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks Malka. Xx
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Aching for thee.. what a rotten thing to do... I feel for you so much. Have had to move 8 times in ten years and had some rotten landlords and have been illegally evicted etc and had to fight these *****

Whereas I know Irish tenancy law inside out, no idea re the UK; please can you go to the CAB and check all this out with them? They may well be able to help and advise and if there are eg housing associations they will have that info also. Call them tomorrow?
I had a lot of help from CAB when I lived in the UK and they can sometimes access resources we cannot

Strong prayers for you!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >