Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2011, 09:14 AM

After yesterday..

ive come to the conclusion that lola wont be able to walk with the other 3 dogs at all,i did take her out with the others as phil was home for the last 2 weeks but after yesterday having had 4 siezures in 1 day which included 1 when we were out again, its definate she cant walk with the others as wont be able to cope with them all if she goes down.
so this morning phil took the springers out to the forest she creid as she wanted to be with them but managed to distract her then took her out on her own and at the top of the rd there is a common and yes its near 2 roads but we walked in the middle away from the rds and she was brilliant (she never runs off when shes on her own) had a lovely sniff played stick with her and the went off for a lead walk where she walked to heal no barking(although didnt see another dog!)
so just have to sort out her being on her own when i take the other 3 out when phil goes back to work but thought if i walked her first then the others and left her with a bone with a treat inside she will be happy.

its going to be strange as im know as doggy woman as always walked 4 dogs but cant risk her having another siezure with the others there
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh what a shame, poor Lola.
As you are making it fun for her and giving her special treats maybe she will get used to it and decide she likes having Mums undivided attention
Hope all goes well for you.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2011, 09:50 AM
yes shes having fun and i will carry on taking her up to the horse field with one of the other springers cos they have fun up there but im in a car if she collapses so wont be a problem its just the leaving her on her own when i take the others out esp when kids arent in and phils working away but as is aid will elave her with a special treat and hopefully she will settle