Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
poor little dog, imagine if it would have tried to climb out and fallen

I never understood the whole practice of taking your dog to the shop with you and then leaving it outside by itself. Isn't walking your dog meant to be enjoyable, not a chore to try and link in with your other chores like doing the shopping?
Some of us take our dogs as many places as we can with us, not that I would leave one outside a shop these days it used to be fairly safe to do so though.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
There should be a test to pass before many humans can have offspring n bring another human being into their lives never mind a dog or any other species into the equation.
Agree totally H!!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Some of us take our dogs as many places as we can with us, not that I would leave one outside a shop these days it used to be fairly safe to do so though.
I agree,there are some very well travelled dogs around. Personally I like to get Max out and about as much as possible, regular walks, visiting friends and family etc, I take him for drives if we are collecting someone (and wait in the car with him).

As you state though, leaving a dog outside most shops is not safe (unless you happen to live in the sort of place where everyone knows everyone etc) so it never ceases to amaze me why people risk it.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes mine even go to the Doctors with me I park next to the receptionists window and she keeps an eye on them while I am seeing the nurse or doctor.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 11:28 PM
There's rarely a visit to the Tesco in town when we don't see a dog tied up outside. Similarly the Co-op in the village.

Unbelievable!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm surprised the shop staff didn't want it moved as I don't think it is very hygienic having a dog in the baskets people put food in!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
The owner obviously doesn't give a s**t about what could happen to the poor dog.
I dont think thats quite true, you will see many a dog tied up outside a shop , and many of them belong to old people.

I dont think its because they dotn care about their dogs, simply a lack if understanding, that someone may steal it.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I'm surprised the shop staff didn't want it moved as I don't think it is very hygienic having a dog in the baskets people put food in!
Well they allow children to stand in the trolleys which is just as bad IMO and do nothing about it........
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Well they allow children to stand in the trolleys which is just as bad IMO and do nothing about it........
I saw a child sitting in a trolley doing a wee as she was being pushed around - the mother was totally oblivious!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2