register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Yeah LG you are right about her, I am glad I followed my instincts and kept her with me, as I understand her and I do have people around me who are going to help us through this. She is always pretty friendly with people and lets them stroke her, but its obviously a different ball game to her when there is just me and no one else with her, like you say she is part of the pack and with her being young I always make sure she has at least one older one with her so she feels secure in any situation, that has now rebounded against me of course
LOL at the squirrel, sounds exactly what Zen would be doing, and what she does do, then gets duffed up by a very affronted older member of the family
Allun was at training, hurrah!!! Lots of stuff going on, major problems with this conservatory he's building, hence his disappearing act, and the conservatory still not finished as he wants it. I didn't push too hard about his availability for kennel building, as I've just spent some of HIS money on the jobs needing doing by the roofers on Friday
Hopefully we will see him next week and I will broach the subject because I really want to get rid of that old kennel as quickly as I can.
Lots of birthdays today, Keshi was born on November 6 as was Mabs first litter
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2016, 06:06 PM
I was sure that I had posted this morning but now I can't find it

Anyway I hope you have all had a good Sunday.

Fireworks are still going off here
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Oh I hate it when that happens Nippy.
No fireworks here, hoping you have had a decent day otherwise and are feeling OK in yourself
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Evening everyone. Been busy brought Dillon a second hand freezer and went to get that yesterday and loads of stuff going on.
Sorry to hear of frightened pooches re: fireworks luckily Dillon takes it all in his stride but poor Ollie was a nervous wreck so you have my sympathies.
June Dillon is very loyal and if on a walk we split up if he can't see the other one he gets very fidgety.
at DC Gordon.

We have found a wonderful walk that one of our neighbours told me about in the week. About 1/2 drive from us. Shouldham Warren. Beautiful place and lots of different walks, we took Dillon yesterday and again today we feel we have given him a lovely walk when we go there and it certainly makes a change from the pavement pounding in the village day in and out and not as far as the beaches.
Here are a few photos.
We love it there and will make it a regular weekend visit we both relax so much walking there and Dillon loves it. I may pop along in the week sometimes with him to.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161106_102548767_HDR.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	5269   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161106_102553085.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5270   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161106_102543302_HDR.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	5271   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161106_101649315.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	5272  
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Lynn, that is a lovely looking place and also a big bonus is that it looks deserted
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 07:18 PM
It was actually quite busy yesterday and today June but is so big you can make changes in direction if you want. Dillon met a lovely bouncy looked like a labradoodle this morning and they had a lovely play together before we all moved on.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Thank you TW.

Lynn that looks an ideal walk. I bet Dillon loves it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 07:42 PM
He does Nippy Jen and so do we and we feel we are giving him a decent walk at least once a week now where he can wander at leisure and sniff at leisure and cock his leg at leisure and sometimes meet other dogs for a bounce about.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2016, 07:46 PM
You just have to love Danger Curls I bet she is sitting in a corner countering away to herself I don't mind the loss of another grey squirrel they kill the trees by stripping the bark

Quite often happens to me Nippy there is obviously some unseen force working against us

Poor you with Zen June I do hope you can turn her round. My last Afghan was like that, she was fine with everyone until she was 18mths old and over night strangers were a no no and I had to give up showing her. Never a problem with us and she was a delight to live with other than that.

That looks a lovely place Lynn and so pleased you and Gordon can relax and enjoy the walk whilst there.

Just spent an hour talking to no,1 son. He is having his kitchen and bathroom ripped out and redesigned so we were talking kitchen units etc. With walls coming down and plaster coming off some others because of damp and floors coming up to replace pipework that has leaked and rotted joists and floor boards he will be decamping and moving in with us for a few weeks. Fortunately he is working from home at the moment so has no problem having to commute anywhere.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2016, 08:16 PM
LOL Sue, your home is getting more and more like a home for the dispossessed
Hoping we can turn it around at training, everyone's really wanting to help with her and had a few people today asking what was up with her. Ken (who runs it) is very experienced GSD owner, judge and breeder, and he had her walking next to him like a little lamb, tail was tucked between her legs and her ears back, but she went with him and didn't play up like she did with the person I swopped dogs with. He took her into the Gold class and she stood in the middle and took it all in, obviously not comfortable with it, but she did do it and there was no performing at all.
Like you say Sue, 18 months, its the magic age isn't it, when they swing one way or another, few people saying she may be OK after her season, but I don't know. I just know I am so very glad I followed my instincts and kept her with me when I couldn't find the right people for her, I just knew there was something about her and I was right,lucky for her because in the wrong home, she could have ended up in a bad place or even pts
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >