register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2016, 10:55 PM
I have no idea Griff. He rang me Friday asking if I could collect his insulin pens from the chemist as he wasn't able to get over for them. They aren't mad urgent, but at the same time he doesn't want to be on the last dregs does he, so he said he'd be over Monday, what time, and I said I'd be in 12.30 -1pm, because if I rush round I can do that. So girls didn't have quite so long out, and I got the beds done etc. as its darker earlier now, means I only have to check and skip out if needs be. So I was here, he never showed!!!
As I've said before, Harvey. Its a bit like a mini Kingdom here, we're sort of self governing, probaby because we're in the strange position of being on an island with one main road in and out over the river. You can go via the farm tracks as well, as long as you avoid the horses of course!!! Soooo if its been decided there will be no fireworks let off except at the pubs and peoples back gardens, then that could well happen. I'm not saying it'll definitely be the case, but its very quiet at night and normally you've got the teenagers congregating around the church and the shop and fireworks going off by now
Girls don't seem that bothered by the fireworks anyway, Mabs isn't into loud noises but she'll tuck herself in the back sleeping compartment and not come out till its over. Be interesting to see what Zen makes of it now she's older, last year she was 6 or 7 months old.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Maybe he will call tomorrow...do you think it slipped his mind??
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2016, 11:19 PM
He may have got tied up in a client meeting and run out of time, but a text would have been nice, and polite!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Ooo yeah, I don't do impolite..I do Like manners!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2016, 11:41 PM
Anyway I'm off out on the bone run tomorrow, and with my friend not being well now I do go and have a brew and a butty with her and a chat, because she's putting a brave'ish face on it, and luckily got a supportive family around her, but she is having some very dark moments indeed. So I won't be home that quickly like I used to be. So tough if he thinks he can roll up tomorrow because I won't be here
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Jeez, hope the child is OK besoeker...people can be such nobs, I honestly would rather it only be to at organized displays....I mean they are explosive devices capable of life changing injuries
Oh dear TW....I hope your lad is suitably apologetic
Griff, I hope so too. I have scoured local news and looked at the comments. There's a lot of people expressing their indignation about the incident. But no news that I find on the extent of the injury sustained.

I'm inclined to think, and hope, it might not have been very serious otherwise it would have been high profile.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4