register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks LG, will look that one up as I need to stock my cupboard up.
Day gets better, I have had positive news from elsewhere as well, AND took Lona, Mabs and Zen on the river. I got there and there was an unmarked van parked in the opening and I thought Fly Tippers Let Mabs and Zen offlead (they would scare the Bejasus out of anyone of a sensitive disposition) and kept Lona on a lead as she looks quite scary. Van doors were shut, no one I could see, got nearer the water and I found a very scared Water Board man near a tree so comforted him, and he said they didn't bark or anything or come near me, just ran past me at the speed of light I explained I thought it was fly tippers and that was why I let them loose. Anyhow...he has come to inspect the debris and agrees with me it needs to be moved as if it gets stuck under the bridge there will be nightmares to follow. That was a pretty quick turnround actually and am quite pleased with my handiwork, Water Board Man says the piccies will have done the trick. Off down to the waterfall then and when we came back he had gone.
Going over to B&Q later on after Doctors to get 2 caged inspection lights because I get a discount on a Wednesday and they aren't dear anyway, cheaper than on ebay actually. Never found ones with the on/off switch I wanted, and with us being on dark nights imminently I'll settle for them.
My bone soup is ready today and smells gorgeous, so thats lunch sorted out for today and a couple of days, with sunflower seed bread, yummy
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Hi Griff! And everyone else!��
Talking about using animal products on us humans, this is what I've just found. I've got a few health problems at the moment and have to use an intensive moisturiser on my hands and feet.
The best one, on a tip from someone else......Udder Cream for cows! Brilliant stuff and no additives.
And shampoo with no sulphates or parabens.......Mane and Tail, originally made for horses.........I might just have to go and live on a farm!��
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
...he has come to inspect the debris and agrees with me it needs to be moved as if it gets stuck under the bridge there will be nightmares to follow. That was a pretty quick turnround actually and am quite pleased with my handiwork, Water Board Man says the piccies will have done the trick.
Yes, that's what you were telling them

I agree that it is quite quick, geting any government department to move can be difficult, but like he said your piccies probably did the trick.

I think you can be well pleased, just don't ever say it's 'cos you want your girls to have a swim in safety

About to head out with Casey & Lara, he's already in the car and will start to complain if we don't move soon

Will have a proper read through tonight, see you then.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Well Zen just careered in, leapt all over everywhere, refused to move, put a collar on her, still refused, put a lead on her and got her out, she is sopping wet and made sure she shook herself before she moved. She jumped the half door with the ladders covered with coats in place and got through 2 baby gates Laptop was pounced upon and wouldn't work, switched it off and then on a bit later and something weird came on the screen, so switched it off again. Was just giving a clean up with a wipe and it came on properly, phew, it was on its way to Computer Hospital, glad its feeling more itself, then again who wouldn't be in a state of nervous exhaustion after a session with Zen, I know I am
Parsons Mum, I've been looking at udder wipe as a replacement for the VERY expensive anti bacterial wipes the vets gave (sold) me when Kesh got the trench foot type thing when we had the floods, thinking of getting some of them in this winter just in case. Have found the Gold stuff on ebay pretty cheaply so will send off for that now my laptop is back in the world again. Still a bit shaky and trembles everytime it hear a dog, but I am sure with a good nights sleep it'll be fine
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Parsonsmum, my mum has really bad psoriasis and i bought her udder cream she said it was great...quite reasonably priced too
TW, great news about the water people, excellent and good to know you may be able to get back up there with the girls easily
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Dare I ask ... but is cow udder cream any good for our nipples? As in Joggers Nipple?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Just had a most successful tile recce!! Found some really nice travertine wall and floor tiles with some really expensive contrasting little square mosaic tiles which will look fab. The Tile Warehouse was much much better than B & Q and cheaper too, so I need look no further.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2016, 03:03 PM
I would think so Griff
Well done Gnasher. Just been in B&Q and tracked down my inspection lights, and they are now £8 each, so got 3 and the requisite bulbs, then found out I need a teeny weeny philips screwdriver to open the cage thingy to put the bulbs in, but think I have one in the knife drawer. Got an orange B&Q bucket because Zen has managed to split one of the water buckets half way down, so whilst I was there I picked one up for her to chew and perhaps water will go in it until she has eaten it, who knows Used my Diamond Discount card so not that bad really
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 03:11 PM
errrm Gnasher, you could try, doubt it would hurt. well done with the tiles
TW, those buckets from b&q are great value aren't they?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Sorry it was Nikki asking not Griff
I will let you know how long the B&Q bucket survives Griff
Found the little Philips screwdriver where I thought it was, so will do girls tea and have a go at the lights whilst The Chase is on. Hoping the Chase is a decent one tonight, the last couple of been a wipeout for the Chaser
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »