register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 09:46 AM
It could be as he says, he has been very honest and done everything he can do. Time will tell, so maybe an agreement like you are considering.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 09:46 AM
June, it was well gone 10pm and then instead of the £250 Steve had said he wanted for it because it had 4 brand new tyres on it and a sound engine, he gave him only £200. But since Steve was so fed up with waiting around and being mucked about he accepted and let it go. Shame really it was only the body work on it that needed some attention.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 10:10 AM
That's a shame Moyra. Would of been no good here 10pm lights would of been off and locked up and tucked up safely in our beds.
That's what we think June.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 10:36 AM
That's why the bloke did it Moyra. I agree Lynn,no answering the door at night. I don't even answer after tea time, and if I
don't like the look of whoever it is I sometimes don't answer in the day. Too many commen at large, and the nearer it is to Christmas, the more people at the door!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Yes, Steve was furious with him but as it was late he just shrugged his shoulders and thought well at least we are shot of it now and do not have to worry about housing it in the car park until someone complains to the council and the charge to tow it away, having said that it was driveable no problem.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 10:56 AM
He probably bought it to do up and sell anyway.
Well I best get the girls out now, lovely day and there won't be that many of them now winter is on it's way. Hoping Alun is at training to tomorrow and we can get closer to getting this new kennel built before its too late. No destruction for a week now, thinking I am right about it being treated wood that was the attraction, since we went to house bricks and kitchen carcass offcuts she's lost interest. I have probably just given her the go ahead to do something dire now
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Well lets hope June she has cut her new teeth on all that she needed and is now ready to become grown up
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 11:43 AM
It is possible that he may be willing to do the metalwork that is needed to its undercarriage, estimated at about £1000. Steve did think about it but then decided it was money chasing money to spend that on the old girl he had her for 16 years and she didn't owe him much but he felt it was time to move on. Now all he has to do is pay for this new van - about 6k outstanding but I am willing to help if necessary. I think he has another 1k put by so no problem paying off the first instalments. I think he regrets seeing the old girl go.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Yeah, thats a long time to have a car or a van, and he will feel like he's lost a part of himself. Hoping the new vehicle will be as trustworthy.
Had a beautiful time on the river, it was so hot I took my fleece and my coat off, girls were running around, Lona had a couple of swims, I took a ball with me especially for her, which she later lost Mabs and Zen had one that seems to have stayed the course for many months. Best moment was watching Mabs chasing Zen round in circles and grabbing her, Zen getting away and Lona joined in as well, it was such a lovely snapshot in time as it were. She is back to herself again, in fact better than she has been for a while. They also dug a Family Hole

There is even more debris along the riverbank now, a complete tree, roots and all for instance,have taken a couple of piccies as I'm getting onto the EA on Monday, if that lot gets stuck under the bridge and there is a flood alert there is only one way it can all go, and I am not wanting to relive last winter

I've cleared the dead plants, rescued some trailing fuschia, I've lost a lot to slugs this year because for some reason I couldn't get the liquid slug repellent I usually get from Amazon. I will get nematodes next year as the difference when I don't get them is awful. Found some giant fat slugs YUK when clearing the pots out, so chucked them next door, and quite a few snails. The rescued fuschia are in a hanging basket now along with some other plants. Planted daffodils and Rembrandt tulips in some pots, but run out now so will get more next week when I go shopping.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Sounds great for the spring June, Glad the girls had a swim but sounds as though there is still work to be done there. Steve and I have just had a row.
Supposed to have a Chinese take away couldn't agree and then he went into the freezer to find an alternative. I gave up and have shut myself in my room.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >