View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Clive recommends a water based gloss that is also quick drying and low odour...thats what he plans to use when we re-decorate. You can, apparently, buy it in quite a few places, Dulux make it and B&Q and other DIY stores also make their own versions.

Good luck
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I use a quick dry satin (I can't stand gloss paint anyway!) and paint in the evening so it drys overnight whilst they are sleeping
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I have never had too much of a problem painting with a dog about, although have ended up with a colourful dog ... But the walls and doors have always come out good
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I have learned from past experiences that gloss-dogs-doors don't mix
I use water based gloss, paint as late as possible at night and lock the dog in the room with me (he's not usually ).
You'll hardly notice the odd stray hair that somehow gets on the door, it adds character!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I always take my doors off that I want to paint, and last year I did 12 of them, all new, so each morning, Dave would take one off for me, put it outside on the patio so I could undercoat it, turn it around (put it on a couple of strips of wood so you can do the bottom bit though!) the sun would dry that nicely, ready for my gloss, and by the time he came home from work I'd have done one whole door a day (when I felt like it of course, which I didn't always do!).

When it came to the house, I'd make sure the dogs had a good run, then I'd leave them outside in the garden, whilst I got on and painted the kitchen. I'm yet to do the skirting though coz of course, undercoat and gloss take ages to dry and the dog's favourite spot is lying in the kitchen again the skirtings It'll come though, one day!
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Well we got some satin wood and started decorating- Vito was very interested and managed to give himself some DIY highlights
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I've recently started decorating. Did one door with gloss and decided it was a bad idea so the rest are being painted with satin emulsion. I've been using a small roller, it comes up great and dries quickly. Satin is so much better than gloss if you have a dog.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Not had that problem with Dougal thankfully. However, where are the pics guys?! Wanna see all your painted dogs
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
crate stairgate kongs

huge brain-body melt at 6am

simples
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post