View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 08:37 AM
was lucky with ben. he got to the speaker cables. other than that hes been good.
we had a lurcher that ate anything he could get his teeth into. whicker table n chairs/rubbish bin plus rubbish/packet of STs load of fluff in them/ a collecting barbie doll/a libary book/the apple tree/and my husbands shed!!!! he also dug a trench in the front garden.
and we had a rescue GSD she ate the cat flap.and the door. pulled the kitchen rug through the door and ate a hole in that. we left her for 20 mins. and she had broken into the front room, and destroyed so much stuff. would of been cheap if we had been broken into.
so with ben hes an angel
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Scratch got pancreatitis that would have bought two mid range mattresses
Jed had a habit of eating things mainly clothes
My old dog Jess was a rescue she ate my grandmothers seatbelt, it cost more than her to replace it
My nans dog ate her mattress once she just turned it over and still uses it 7yrs later
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Forgot to add that Jamie destroys every plastic dog bed that comes in, so we have given up on them now, and he counter surfs and destroys all kitchen and toilet rolls..
Deacon helps him in this quest, but has also chew through my dvd plug casing, the cables to the tv, video and digi box, luckily they were pulled out the multi socket and he didn't chew the cable to that as it was on!
Oh and Codee has destroyed three small rugs and two duvets....
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Ohhh the thingies that the seatbelts click into in my truck are both destroyed....
That reminded me.. freya chewed through a back seat belt.. by sticking her head around a rubbish ford dog guard.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Marius chewed a wee bit of the door frame as a puppy, but that was about it. He was teething at the time and although had his chew toys and Kong, must have fancied a change He didn't do anything else though, from memory, he was never a chewer really, bless him.

Wee Lola has been fantastic (touch wood, so far!!) she has lost lots of teeth and hasn't chewed a single thing she shouldn't have which is fantastic........or, she's saving it all for later

The worst without a shadow of doubt was Jasper, my GSD boy. OMG, he went through about two cushion floors, chewed every leg on my Dining Table (AND all six chairs ), a dress (took it off the airer and ripped it up ), fridge magnets, the cooker knob for turning it on (meant I was forced to use pincers every time I wanted the oven on ), tore a hole in the back kitchen door, the skirting board - literally I lost count in the end and it was several years ago it happened! He was always a nightmare, this was despite having another dog for company too Even once I left him for 15mins while I went to the local shop and when I got back he'd chewed up a book That is one thing I don't miss about him!!!
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Missy has chewed the wooden supports on our dining chairs, the charging lead for my daughters laptop(brand new), my sons homework diary, various socks and underwear, any bit of carpet which has an edge she can get, a bracelet I had made for a friend, any post which she can get to first!!! Need I go on and she is only 5 months old - can't wait to she what she will destroy in the future but we love her and it is only possessions!!! (Wait til I get my hands on that dog!)
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Ayla has so far, destroyed the stair carpet, chewed the tv unit, chewed my slippers, ripped all the stuffing out of 3 pillows a sleeping bag and a sofa cusion, ripped my new leather sofa while trying to get a ball that had rolled under there, broke my fence and back gate, chewed a hole in my kitchen door, ate a loaf of bread, buried her collar, several times emptied the bin of all plastic bottles, and pulled all the babules she could reach off the xmas tree.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:07 PM
my last litter chewed my JA Barnsby saddle, but I caught them before to much damage was done, thank god

all in all, I have never found my rotties to be destructive at all, they do like to get the odd loo roll and decorate the place now and then, lol
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:18 PM
reading this i feel quite blessed! i think daphni has eaten a sock! shes 1 and a half, and hopefully she will stay that way, although when a new puppy comes, it may not be the same!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Jed used to lie near the back door and chew the plaster from the corner of the wall, right down to the metal plinth! He also chewed a corner of a kitchen unit and dug my plants up many times. You wouldnt think the laid back, well mannered dog I have now was a devil as a pup who relished in destroying things.

I can honestly say that Flynn never destroyed anything. He wasnt a chewer at all and didnt do any damage. Again, it's hard to believe he isnt destructive if you see his hyper, highly strung personality.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3