View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2008, 04:45 PM
For me it would be highly unlikely I would put the dog to sleep, though I would listen to the friends reasons and go from there.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I would save the dog!
Im sorry but a dog is not a toy or something that you can just decided to get rid of or kill!
It is a living animal and I dont think anyone has the right to just condem it to death because they say so!
It is not suffering or a danger to anyone and has been a loyal friend to your friend for 9 years!
I think that anyone in there right mind would agree!
To save the dog and give it a good home is the right thing to do.
To take another life, animal or not just on someones say so for no reason other than they asked you to is totally mind blowing ...to me anyway!!!!
I can understand you want to do what she asked you, but to me... at the end of the day, doing the right thing would be what I would have to do!
Because I would have to live with what I had done.
And keeping the dog alive to me is the right thing to do.
The parent obviously agree and have no problem with you keeping the dog, or im sure someone else would give it a good home.
But at the end of the day it would be your decision, I'd just hope you'd make the right one.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 03:15 PM
i would deff keep the dog ,and hope that once she passed over ,and looked down on us together ,she would realise ,what she asked was wrong . (is she was wonting me to put it down because she thinks that they will be together ,after they have both passed over . (just a thought ) if this is the case then , we would be one day anyway ,i would take comfort in this . lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'd be really interested in hearing your reasons for this, if you're willing to share.
Yep, me too. I don't want to pre-judge her reply (If she does reply) but my finger is poised over the 'ignore' button.

That should give an indication of my answer to the question I think
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 05:58 PM
save the dog every time, nobody has the right to demand it is put to sleep on their death, it is selfish IMO. I would have the dog and be happy knowing the dog is having a lovely end to its life rather than ended for no reason at all x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Do we get a prize for the best answer
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
save the dog every time, nobody has the right to demand it is put to sleep on their death, it is selfish IMO. I would have the dog and be happy knowing the dog is having a lovely end to its life rather than ended for no reason at all x
The perfect answer

Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
Do we get a prize for the best answer
No, but based on your answer above I'm nominating you for a Nobel prize for Humanity. (They tell me Stockholm is very nice this time of year )
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4