View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 05:41 PM

Unbelieveable! Bolt from the blue! My life is Over!

Just as I thought things were getting better, I had a bad shock today.
For weeks I have been assured that I would not lose the house due to my current financial circumstances. This relied on the state picking up my mortgage interest and today, I got all the documents together to present to them, which I had been told was a necessary formality but a formality all the same.
When I got there, the usual person was gone - apparently she was only there for the summer. In her place, a beady beaurocrat who fired 101 very personal questions at me and more form filling. The upshot is, I may get no help whatsoever and even if I do, it's capped at a figure which amounts to around 60% of my interest payments.
Even if they paid all of it, I am still short by €400 a month and that's with no car costs apart from petrol, no shows, no dogfood, just existing. Where do I get the rest?
It's impossible. It doesn't take an accountant to work out that I will have to sell the house, probably at a huge loss in the circumstances, and it could take over a year so I will end up with nowhere to live and no money and no means of ever having my own place again. This is after 32 years of employment and being a home owner for all of that time.
So that's it. I'm finished.
WHY?????????
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Deccy, I am so sorry to hear this. Is there no other way round it? Do they have CAB in Ireland? I don`t really know what to say other than I`m sending you some very special Fudgey licks and hugs........
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Aww Gill so very sorry, know that does not really do anything to help the situation butI really don't know what to suggest. Like Fudgley says is there no other way . Comforting hugs and positive vibes that you find a solution. Love Eunicexx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 07:05 PM
So sorry to hear this Gill, I thought it was bad enough to be on benefits over here, sounds far worse in Ireland. I do hope that someone pulls their finger out and offers you some help, typical for something to hit you like this just as you were starting to feel better about things. Sheree xxxxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 07:47 PM
So sorry to hear this Gill, I hope something turns up for you. You need a large royalties cheque for the book hun.
Were all wishing you well here. xxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh Gill I'll have another bash at calling you tomorrow. Chin up!
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
So sorry to hear this Gill. I hope you can get it sorted. Big hugs from us. xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh Gill, just when things were looking up, there must be a way around this babe. If there is anything I can do, obviously I know you have lots of people to talk to, but I'm only ever a message away. Thinking of you xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2007, 09:45 PM
So sorry to hear this, I am lost as to what to say to you except I am thinking of you. Big hugs.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >