Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:32 AM

Grrrr sat nav holders

Has anyone one here devised or heard of a way to keep the sat nav holder in one place whilst travelling?

I just had to deliver something to one of Clive's clients over the other side of Milton Keynes, the roads are confusing enough to me, let alone when I'm not really sure where I'm going so I thought I would use my trusty sat nav.

I had it stuck on the window, it fell off, I had it resting in the ashtray and it fell out, laid on the passenger seat and it slid off, in the end it was resting in my lap and I just had to listen to it rather than visualise which turning I needed off the next roundabout.

I know I could probably glue the holder into place but then there's the worry that people know you have a sat nav and could break into the car, and the problem of getting it removed if you sell the car.

I'm sure you guys have all experienced the same thing and I'm certain at least one of you has got a brilliant solution
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Which sat nav is it ??
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Which sat nav is it ??
Its a TomTom, just over a year old, not sure if that makes a difference
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Halfords sell an air vent holder for around 20 quid .. looks like a phone holder so is not really noticed when left in..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I used to just lay mine in the centre console thingy, but then when I reached for a mint I'd end up mucking it all up by touching the screen Same happened on the passenger seat, but have to say, since I have resorted to sticking it on the screen with the proper doobrie it has stayed put, and I'm doing 1 1/2 hours each way most Saturdays! I should know the way by now I suppose but I kind of like the security of her just in case! Don't whatever you do glue it on the screen Sheree It'll devalue the car forever, you'd never get the glue off! My Dave would go nuts if I did that, but don't know about Clive.... maybe you could?!

Do you wet the plastic thing, coz I don't think you're supposed to, you just stick it up there dry?!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Halfords sell an air vent holder for around 20 quid .. looks like a phone holder so is not really noticed when left in..
Oh thanks for that...it just clips on like the air fresheners then? I shall go onto their site and have a look
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks for that link Murphy, I'm going to get one of those, coz quite honestly, I find it a bit "distracting" stuck on the windscreen no matter where I put it, my eye seems to hone in on it and I don't like that!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh thanks for that...it just clips on like the air fresheners then? I shall go onto their site and have a look
Indeed just like the airfreshers..
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks for that link Murphy, I'm going to get one of those, coz quite honestly, I find it a bit "distracting" stuck on the windscreen no matter where I put it, my eye seems to hone in on it and I don't like that!
No probs
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >