Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
baieykalliboo
New Member!
Female 

31-05-2006, 01:24 PM

saint bernard with cat toys....lol

i posted yesterday about introducing saint bernards to cats. was worried about kitties getting squashed.lol.

another thing i have thought of is what about the small cat toys? all my cats are indoors so i cant get rid of their toys as they will have nothing to stimulate them. but, what if a saint eats their small toys??? is this an issue or am i making a mountain out of a molehill? any tips for preventing saint eating small mice (toys)....?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by baieykalliboo
i posted yesterday about introducing saint bernards to cats. was worried about kitties getting squashed.lol.

another thing i have thought of is what about the small cat toys? all my cats are indoors so i cant get rid of their toys as they will have nothing to stimulate them. but, what if a saint eats their small toys??? is this an issue or am i making a mountain out of a molehill? any tips for preventing saint eating small mice (toys)....?

They will have a puppy to stimulate them! ha ha.

Unfortunatly you will probably have to move all this off the floor for a while, or put into a room where the puppy cant go. Roxy has only ever played with the cats ball, which is small and she could possibly swallow. Small mice i wouldn't trust her with, i move them up out the way just to be on the safe side
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Takara has also played with the cats ball and I have caught her chewing it and carrying it in her mouth.

I'd agree with Natalie and say put them in a different room where pupster can't go and maybe put up some safer cats toys (like the ones that dangle) for the cats in the rooms where pupster can go.

I think, once you get past the worst stage of puppyhood pups tend to learn what they can and can't have and although they sometimes try to push it, the saint should leave the cats toys and play with his/her own.

Takara doesn't bother with the cats toys anymore because she knows what's her's and what isn't.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

31-05-2006, 10:58 PM
I have my cat toys in a seperate room from my dogs because they think all toys belong to them and they also love catnip toys and hate to share them with the cats
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Emm
I have my cat toys in a seperate room from my dogs because they think all toys belong to them and they also love catnip toys and hate to share them with the cats
Hehehehehe

I wouldn't imagine cats toys are the biggest worry - although the cats might be a bit aggrieved by it. Puppies just eat everything that's in sight *sigh*