Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 02:21 PM

So you want to breed!!

Just read this and wonder how mant bsb's read it before they decided to breed!!

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder2.html
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Very sad reading
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
sad reading and yes they happen however responsible breeders wouldnt let any of that happen.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Highlights alot of the problems that can and do occure, some of them problems are well out of the breeders hands..and no matter how responsible a breeder is, its not always a text book mating or whelping.
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
i had to stop reading this half way through. I'm not a breeder, it is something I would love to do but at the mo don't have the experience of money or knowledge or any of the things I would require to be a breeder.

I'm probably going to be jumped on here so I'm oing to state again that I don't know much about this. Tis article is posted on a breeders site, and i think it is important to make people aware that these things can happen and if it puts of one person who would do it incorrectly that's great. But surely, this breeder had to start somewhere too? Surely at some point they took the risk of all these things happening? Seems a bit cheeky of them, then, to suggest that they could cope (then, not now, I'm sure they are very experienced now) where others couldnt.

Again, I know nothing of breeding or this breeder, I'm sure they are great, its just my thoughts
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Greenfae View Post
i had to stop reading this half way through. I'm not a breeder, it is something I would love to do but at the mo don't have the experience of money or knowledge or any of the things I would require to be a breeder.

I'm probably going to be jumped on here so I'm oing to state again that I don't know much about this. Tis article is posted on a breeders site, and i think it is important to make people aware that these things can happen and if it puts of one person who would do it incorrectly that's great. But surely, this breeder had to start somewhere too? Surely at some point they took the risk of all these things happening? Seems a bit cheeky of them, then, to suggest that they could cope (then, not now, I'm sure they are very experienced now) where others couldnt.

Again, I know nothing of breeding or this breeder, I'm sure they are great, its just my thoughts
totally agree with you. everyone starts somewhere. i plan to breed later this year or early next year, i havent bred before, but i have helped rear litters, and read god knows how many books on mating, breeding rearing etc. alot of the problems mentioned wouldnt happen if they breeder was responsible anyway.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:59 PM
There are responsible breeders(must be) but like many other fashions and money making ventures, which am sorry to say dogs have become, the 'good guys', ones who care are being overlooked. If folk can't regard and look after their own species responsibly or at least show courtesy , manners and respect ?........
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
We have our own article on Dogsey about breeding written by member 'Shadowboxer'

''Thinking about breeding? Think about this.''..
http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=12589