Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
badgerbay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:13 AM

How do you get a dog over a death

My spaniel cross had a very special friendship with a dog who saddly is no longer here.
She is no longer looking for him when she goes to play at the field but she has lost her bounce everyone has commented on it she used to be ball mad but know she tends to just plod with the occational game of chucky. When anyone else turns up with there dogs she goes and lays down away from them all with no interest in them she goes out with our little jrt cross and she still races round like a nutter. We even took her to the vets for a MOT just to check that it was nothing else. He just said some dogs take it hard and it can take awhile for them to get back to there old self.
Just wondered if anyone else has had the same expereince

Annie
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:18 AM
I remember when we lost our Cassie (Cocker Spaniel) our Jake (Boxer) was miserable for about 3 weeks, moping round the house, sniffing. He lost his spark and was the same out on walks...he lost interest in other dogs too. He bounced back eventually, so don't worry.
Sorry about your loss
Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:19 AM
You brought tears to my eyes hun.

When sadly we had to part with our dear old Meg, Reah took it hard. I think we really knew she would as when she came to us she was a broken girl and Meg gave her every ounce of confident, being a constant companion during her operations, being a best friend etc.,

We buried Meg in the garden under the Mock orange bush, Reah took to lying there day after day, we had already taken on Skye and she was 4 months when Meg's life ended, but even Skye just didn't match the friendship she had with Meg.

I used to sit with her in the garden crying....tears for her and tears for a dear old friend that we had lost.

In time she came round, but even today 2 1/2 years on she still visits the Orange bush (which break my heart) but now she is alot more confident and has taken to fulfilling her life with Skye and Bruce.

Time Hun Time.........She just needs time. And you of course xxxxxxxxxx
badgerbay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
So sorry i don't mean to upset anyone the dog in question that died wasn't part of my pack just one Holly fell inlove with on our field,They had such a funny relationship.She would speed across the field when she saw him and his owner. She is a senstive dog and chooses friends carefully but she was never shy with her fella at her side.
But i hope with time she will be back to her bouncy self.

Annie
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Too late, i'm crying now too i'm sure she will get over him eventually and it won't be long before i am back on the field, didn't realise she was taking it so hard but she isn't alone
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Well it doesn't matter, in Holly's eyes he was one of her pack, thats all that counts.

Hope she gets over him in time XXXXXX Hugs To Her XXX
badgerbay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
She will always have time for you Marc.
And am sure she will back to her wiggle self soon.
Holly,Fox and her fella Charlie

Annie
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 07:03 PM
we havent been in this position yet ,thank fully ,but i do know of a neighbour ,that used to live by my mom ,her dog ,did pine after the dog she lost ,very sad , they grieve just like we do ,im sure . they grow to love one another ,dont they .