09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
A few new photos of Alfie with one of our volunteer dog walkers:

Alfie has been well trained in the past. Sit, Paw "this one?" "or this one?"
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Alfie's big day out - Saturday 20th June

Alfie joined Zoe and some of her friends at Wimbledon Village Fair yesterday and had a day out of kennels to break the routine. And oh how he did himself and all the RR dogs proud!!

Here is his update:

First off, managed to get him into the boot of the car; a tiny treat was all the incentive he needed (and I'm so glad he can get himself in cos he's a big lad), then as the lead was secured to the bars and I closed to boot, he sat and stayed like a good boy.

Arriving in Wimbledon he walked like a dream on the lead and was totally unfazed by pedestrians, busy streets and loud traffic.

Once at the fair Alfie loved being back onto lots of grass and loved all the smells and people. He met all my friends very calmly and friendly, and these were two independent quotes I remember hearing during the day:

"For a rescue dog I'm amazed at how well behaved he is."
"I didn't think I liked big dogs, but he's just lovely!"

A young boy sitting near us was besotted with him and kept coming over to pat him on the head and pour out his water, and Alfie was an absolute star and loved it, just like a big teddy bear.

On a wander round the fair, Alfie met lots of other dogs on leads (maybe about 10?), and he greeted every one of them with a waggy tail and friendly sniff, nothing more, even at the Scotty dog who wasn't very polite to him! Alfie just stepped away and ambled on.

Overall today Alfie was a brilliant boy, impeccable social interaction with all breeds/species!! Especially young children actually, a lot of kids round the fair were totally taken by him, and he just stood there happily as they stroked, patted and cooed!!

Pictures and a special video of his adventures below:

Alfie, knowing how handsome he is

A very contented companion

Loving his neck rubbed...almost dropping off to sleep!

Treat time, yummm

We hope Alfie enjoyed his day with us as much as we did with him!

Alfie's video:

Alfie is looking for a foster home or forever home.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Alfie has been enjoying his time out of kennels and in foster. We now know so much more about him and have redone his ad and hope that it will attract his forever home. Here it is ...

His Story: Alfie was found stray in Yorkshire last summer. He was in good condition and surprisingly never claimed.

Salient points: Older dog with calm temperament. Versatile ref. the type of family he is homed with. Dog friendly and cat friendly. Easy on the lead. Inclusive dog i.e. sleeps beside your bed and enjoy companionship. Medium sized.

Advert: Alfie suffered the indignity of staying nearly a year in kennels before he was offered a foster place. Since then he has proved himself time and time again to be that 'MUST HAVE' dog. He is living with young adults who haven't owned a dog before. Managed easily around streets and in a busy park; shopping areas and large gatherings. He is showered by attention/cuddles and he's back gets sore with being stroked by every passerby! He can occasionally grab a branch off a tree. Meets dogs really well on a lead. Makes it clear on a rare occasions when he isn't happy with a dogs vibe and can be just walked on. Alfie isn't destructive and tolerates being left just fine. Housetrained despite prolonged kennel stay. He likes to be inclusive, but doesn't smother and will take himself off for a snooze on the sofa or gets the sun block out and find that spot in the garden.

He runs along side a bike; loves to see people arriving and offers them a choice 'red or white' with nibbles of course! . The perfect host. He loves to stare at the TV with one eye closed and yes has been known to sleep in the same bed as the cat! Alfie what more could anyone want. He tends not to be off the lead just 'cause he is rather social'. Alfie is handsome with a gentle, rather serious feel whilst showing happiness in meeting those he loves and those he hopes to get to know. He could live with another gentle dog and a dog friendly cat (s). What a lovely person Alfie is, you will have the extended family booking their appointment to visit and meet. Here is a short video!

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2009, 10:30 PM
What a lovely boy, I do hope Alfie finds a home soon ...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Wishing him all the best for that forever home xxx

He is gorgeous
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2