Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi

My mother has a Bearded Collie. She won't have Megan clipped but in the summer she has a puppy cut - Megan looks very cute and she does seem much happier on her walks. My mum grooms Megan daily, I know it is not an easy job but it is something you have to expect when you have a long haired dog. But as she is from working stock her fur is not as long and straight as show types so I think it is a bit easier. Why not try a puppy cut instead? It only lasts during the summer months so won't affect the coat when it grows back? Just a thought.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 04:48 PM
i dont think its cruel...

I shave my dogs - bc and a springerx bc after ive brushed them - no tugs off the clippers as that would be mean!!!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I must be the laziest groomer in the world..or then again I might just have helped my Sammy get cool in the summer...

I clipped out his belly on his last two summers and he was like a little puppy again..He loved it..so if it made him happy to be clipped then I am happy to be judged as a bad groomer..(but please do take a look at pics of him to see just how badly groomed he was first!!)
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I must be the laziest groomer in the world..or then again I might just have helped my Sammy get cool in the summer...

I clipped out his belly on his last two summers and he was like a little puppy again..He loved it..so if it made him happy to be clipped then I am happy to be judged as a bad groomer..(but please do take a look at pics of him to see just how badly groomed he was first!!)
yep, a bad groomer just like me

i've just done Hectors belly today, he came back from his walk nice and clean and is now loving laying on the kitchen floor nice and cool

lazy must suit us and our dogs
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
yep, a bad groomer just like me

i've just done Hectors belly today, he came back from his walk nice and clean and is now loving laying on the kitchen floor nice and cool

lazy must suit us and our dogs
Well its just shocking behaviour!!!!! God forbid we make our dogs comfortable
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I must say, non of my sammies in the past ever really overheated in the summers? so I never had the need to clip, I would still have reservations about doing it now, and instead bought an air conditioning unit, which I do have running during the summer, which helps cool the air for the dogs to pant and cool down with cool air.

Mo
dkittyville
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2009, 11:48 AM
clipping isn't a bad thing ,I clipped a BC yesterday which has the biggest coat you ever did see ,and yes he is neutered .he usually gets done for the Summer ,but on a visit to the vets they advised getting him done later in year also because he gets too hot with the central heating on .and no the owner isn't lazy she grooms her beloved dog daily
kingbilly
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I must say, non of my sammies in the past ever really overheated in the summers? so I never had the need to clip, I would still have reservations about doing it now, and instead bought an air conditioning unit, which I do have running during the summer, which helps cool the air for the dogs to pant and cool down with cool air.

Mo
not heard of global warming ?

Think I prefer a quick clip.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by kingbilly View Post
not heard of global warming ?

Think I prefer a quick clip.
yes I have heard of global warming so what? I am also the kind of owner that keeps central heating OFF during winter and wear fleeces, so that my dogs are comfortably cool

Mo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Dave bought us a big air con unit a few years ago, which is just fantastic for the dogs (he said it was for the dogs, not me!)but of course, I can only use it in the one room and keep the french doors shut, which seems a shame in the lovely summer weather along with a breeze, plus I like all the doors open to each room downstairs, and it kind of defeats the object when you do that. I did ask my vet this morning and she said, go for it, it will stop him panting and help the old boy out
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »