View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:05 PM
People who register their dogs with the KC are not members of the KC.

rune
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:08 PM
They could still mount a legal challenge if they goal posts were moved.

To add I know this is the reason because I went to the KC about the very subject when we first had our DNA tests in Staffords a some were not embrassing the tests as quickly as you would expect.
I wanted the KC to make it compusary and after many discussions understand why it is not possible.

But understand how they are trying to make the information available to all so they can make their own decisions.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Any club has to have the full support of its memebers and people registered with that club. The club is not just one person.

With the best will in the world the size of the KC and the number of people who have dogs reistered there is no way they would get 100% agreement.

They have the assured breeders scheme and that has a requiremnt to test amponst other things

They publish all the health test results and which dogs are tested for all to see.

So each individual can make their own educated decision regarding their breeding or buying of their dogs. Its there for all to use free of charge.

I won't even bother with the sly digs
I hope I haven't made any sly digs?? Not my style.

I think the assured breeders scheme has the makings of excellence, but, and it is a big but, until the requirement to health test becomes a requirement to use healthy breeding animals it will never have any true credibility.

As said previously, I would very much doubt that novice owners would know where to look for health test results and would understand less how to read them
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
They could still mount a legal challenge if they goal posts were moved.
I really don't understand this and, don't get me wrong, I may be missing something.

I really can't see how anyone could bring a legal challenge in respect of a change in the rules of a dog club???

What legal challenge could be brought?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Just seen your addition - could it be that rather than being worried about any sort of legal challenge, the KC are more worried about losing the money from registrations??
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post

I think the assured breeders scheme has the makings of excellence, but, and it is a big but, until the requirement to health test becomes a requirement to use healthy breeding animals it will never have any true credibility.

As said previously, I would very much doubt that novice owners would know where to look for health test results and would understand less how to read them
But even if the kc upped their game, the above would not change .
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:23 PM

The requirement is to use health tested animals with all results to be known.

Sometimes it is in the best interest of a breed to use a carrier and then health test the litter.

If all carriers are excluded from a preeding program this can have a negative effect on the gene pool.

Its back to respponsible breeders using the tests responsible.

Novice owners very often don't do the proper research.

I don't know how many times I have given the health thest requirement for the SBT to people on here looking for a pup fot them to ignore and get the one from a flashy web site or the one available now the right colour. The tests and results are easy to find and mainly easy to understand if you have the will.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Now what do the RSPCA do to ensure the breeding of Healthy dogs?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Just seen your addition - could it be that rather than being worried about any sort of legal challenge, the KC are more worried about losing the money from registrations??
I don't think so as the registration would mean more if they could guarentee all dogs health tested.

I honestly don't think that the registrations would decline. Maybe initially but not in the long run.

But a legal challenge plus an increased chance that people would try and give false test results would mean the present way of doing things would have to change beyond what we have now and would end with a mountain of red tape.
It may be the end game but it is not something that can be done over night.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
But even if the kc upped their game, the above would not change .
No, but the point is that the KC registration itself would both prove the tests were done and that the results were good so there would be no need for a novice owner to look further than that
Page 8 of 28 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »