View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
boxergoggins, how dreadful that you lost Jess & Stella so close to each other. I'm so very sorry. Could you please tell me what website you got your 2 dog bones in the shape of a cross from? I would just love to have some of Lucys fur (which I have) always close to me, I dont think its morbid at all!!! At the moment I just cant leave the house without taking Lucy 'with me' (a treasured photo of Lucy and I), but its getting ruined being in my bag all the time, which is upsetting me even further. I completely know what you mean about things being 'final', I still cannot put any of Lucys bowls or collar and lead away, her bowls are still in the kitchen ( with fresh water daily!!) and her collar and lead are still hanging in the hall. Just cant do it.

Also Steph, yes it is still sunny where I am, although I wish it was'nt I want the weather to be dull and miserable ( just how I'm feeling) its been sunny ever since Lucy went to rainbow bridge. Hope your birthday lunch went ok the other day. Yes I do have some support at home, my daughter and her boyfriend are here with me some of the time, although I do know that they have own lives to lead, but they have both been great. Have'nt spoken to the blue cross just yet, but I will do. That was so nice that Maia gave you some comfort, especially knowing that she was born the day after Shannon 'passed' , amazing.

Please stay in touch everyone, your support on here means everything to me, its my lifeline.

Take care.

Diane
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Diane,

Thanks for your support. Its been hard as I lost Jess, Stella and Paige in 11 months. Sadly, Thor, the only woof I have has many health problems so I know he wont be making old bones either. Anyway....the company I used were very good. I bought it over the internet and would recommend the chain (but it does make it more expensive). Delivery was about 3-4 weeks as they dont stock them in and delivery is from Canada I believe so it is shipped over. Am very happy with the quality.

The website is: http://www.urns-coffins-caskets.co.u...prod_1015.html

This will take you straight to it. There are many others to choose from. The lovely pet crem I took my woofs to recommended the keepsake and as Ive said it has really helped me.

Sending many cyber hugs your way xxxx
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Boxergoggins, thank you so much for your cyber hugs, means so much. Thank you also for sending me that link to the website, its my birthday next month ( which I'm now not looking forward to without my baby being here) so am going to put it on my 'birthday list', I'm sure someone will get it for me. It will be such a comfort to have a part of Lucy with me always. Keep in touch. x
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Hello Lucy's Mum
I too am sorry you have lost your Lucy after so many years of being together and all I can say will be mainly the same as many others have said, probably better than I can.
I lost my Luna, the last of my flatcoated retrievers very suddenly about 3 weeks ago and I know I will never forget the times we shared together and how they enriched my life.
Things will soften for you, believe me. When a little time has gone by you will realise that in one very important way your Lucy is still with you - she will never leave, for she will be in your memories and in your heart. In that respect she will go on forever.
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi Aerolor, thank you so so much for your wonderful post, I'm in tears yet again. I'm so so sorry for your loss of Luna, it must be dreadful to lose a precious member of your family so suddenly. I knew that my Lucy was ill, but it certainly didnt lessen the pain the when the time came. My heart is absolutely broken in two, but thank you so much for your kind thoughts, everyone on here has been so kind and supportive, really dont know what I would do without you all. Take care and please keep in touch. Diane x
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi Diane, just wondered how you are? Not been on computer for a few days, so sorry for not contacting you earlier. Steph
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi Steph, so nice to hear from you. I keep trying to PM you, but still cant do it, even though I'm now a 'junior' member and have added 20 posts, any suggestions?? Still not doing too good, cant seem to summon up the strength to do anything, it will be 4 weeks this friday and an actual month to the day on sunday (not looking forward to that!) Only really seems like yesterday, but on the other hand seems like an eternity since I last held my Lucy. The house is just so quiet and empty. How are you doing??
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Lucys mum View Post
Hi Steph, so nice to hear from you. I keep trying to PM you, but still cant do it, even though I'm now a 'junior' member and have added 20 posts, any suggestions?? Still not doing too good, cant seem to summon up the strength to do anything, it will be 4 weeks this friday and an actual month to the day on sunday (not looking forward to that!) Only really seems like yesterday, but on the other hand seems like an eternity since I last held my Lucy. The house is just so quiet and empty. How are you doing??
Hi Lucy's Mum I think perhaps you have not set your options to receive PMs.
Go to User CP on the left hand side of the page,
..select Edit options,
..now action Enable Personal Messages..

I am sorry you are finding it so hard . I still miss all the dogs I have lost over the years but for me the pain was made easier to bear by getting another dog not as a replacement, those lost can never be replaced they were all unique but because I can't cope with being without a dog around. xx
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Thank you so much minihaha, I will try what you suggested regarding the PM's, hopefully it will work, if not I might have to get back to you again!!! Thank you so so much for your kind thoughts, I'm so glad that my friend suggested this site as I honestly dont know what I would of done without all the wonderful people on here supporting me. Thank you very much once again to everyone. x
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Hello again Lucy's mum and I do hope things will begin to get easier for you soon. As Minihaha says you cannot replace what you had, but I think that when you have had a special experience with a dog, as many of us have, I think it is a wonderfull compliment to that special dog to have another dog, perhaps a similar type but not thinking of it as a replacement.
It has been a month or so now since my Luna went and I have moped around - completely lost, but on Sunday I put my name on another retriever pup, not a flatcoat, but a golden, so something a bit different. Do you know when I woke up on Monday morning I felt so happy, even content, and it took me a while to realise why. I am sure a lot of people are like me, when you have had something good you have to go back for more, sooner or later. Take care. Regards - Rena.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >