View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh I don't know how they'd go about removing it... I don't think it could be lanced though Maybe?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 05:04 PM
With any lump they usually biopsy it first with a fine needle and that way they can tell what it is, that's what I meant, have you had that done yet? That's the first step to take with it, or maybe it's got so bad no that when the vet sees it they'll know straight away what it is. All the best anyways, I'm sure you'll get it sorted and he'll be fine.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Ours do blood test and a general once over, they do take age into account, but if hes fit for his age.
I would have it sorted, if it is bothering him, then it could get infected etc plus if it is some type of tumor age is the least of your worries.
Like you said get his teeth done at the same time.
So for me i would get advice from the vet and get it sorted.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Hiya Lottie, these old dogs are a worry huh?
Could it be a pressure sore? Dogs can often get them on their legs especially as he is a short haired breed?
I agree the vet could perhaps do a biopsy...

Does he reverse sneeze a lot?
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Personally if Eddy was mine I would bite the bullet and have it removed. I'd have all of the checks I could possibly have done beforehand, bloods and suchlike, and I'd also request fluids throughout the op aswell, although our vet pretty much insists on fluids for animals over 8 anyway so I doubt I would have much of a choice anyway

I don't know if the vet at your surgery is the same, but our vet won't clean teeth at the same time as a sterile op due to risk of infection, but then she's very very hot on sterility and we don't ever enter the theatre without wearing scrubs, shoe covers, masks and hats, even to set up and clean.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
our old girl had an op at 13 to remove a lump that had grown quickly and started to bother her. the vet stressed it was up to us, but she was in good health so we went ahead with it. she had a further 2 healthy years after that and so it was worth the worry. hope everything goes well whatever you decide!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2