View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I watched from my sofa - not where I wanted to be and I am extremely p*ssed off cos my Uncle who said he'd let me tag along if he went - didn't tell me he was going

But aside from that - I didn't see much Agility, Flyball or OB or Heelwork To Music, Didn't like that More 4 should have covered it more. However I did like that they were covering the deed not breed and the emphasis on healthy dogs and the vet involvement on breed standards etc...
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I Really enjoyed the live streaming & I was glued to that where-ever possible!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
How bad was I I have to have my stuff and doglets in view..Would never forgive myself if something happened.
im like that though, even more so since i got my grooming bag stolen. i was only in the next row of benches, and was literally there for 5 minutes if that (only went to ask cat something) came back and it was gone!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd love to go to Crufts again. It's a few years now since I last went. It's lovely to spend a day looking at, talking about, marvelling at, indulging in and, dare I say, spending money on dogs.

No rolling of eyes when all the talk is dog talk, no complaining of dog hair all over the place and no complaints when every dog is talked to

Always loved my day out at Crufts even though my bank manager didn't
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Completely agree, dogs should not be taken aroudn the main shopping areas, if they stay where they are supposed to be, that will not be trampled on by the crowds.
Our breed was in Hall 1 and the YKC in Hall 3 - so I had to work my way through - did consider going outdoors but due to the timings had to just make a dash for it!

Everyone was more than happy to move out the way for us to get through - luckily on the Thursday it wasn't overly crowded - not sure I would have managed it on Saturday or Sunday.

Connor wasn't phased one bit by the crowds we did have to pass through thankfully.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Our breed was in Hall 1 and the YKC in Hall 3 - so I had to work my way through - did consider going outdoors but due to the timings had to just make a dash for it!

Everyone was more than happy to move out the way for us to get through - luckily on the Thursday it wasn't overly crowded - not sure I would have managed it on Saturday or Sunday.

Connor wasn't phased one bit by the crowds we did have to pass through thankfully.
Yes, I can understand that, but its the people go shopping with their dogs , my post is directed too.

Unless you have to move around with them, then leave them around the ring on their benches, much safer for the dog,

P.S saw someone try to take a pet dog in on Friday
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, I can understand that, but its the people go shopping with their dogs , my post is directed too.

Unless you have to move around with them, then leave them around the ring on their benches, much safer for the dog,

We took ross round the quiet stalls were the dog food companies were really earlier in the morning last year, mainly to settle him down he was so excited.
He's such a show off he had is picture taken by loads of japanese tourists and loved the attention.
As soon as it started getting busy we went back to the benching.....via a cuppa with Eukanuba and another cuddle and doggie biscuit.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Oh yes left Connor on his bench with company when shopping called!! That would not have been fun for either of us!

rolls eyes - dear me!!!! honestly !

Ro
Greenfae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey All

I was at Crufts for the first time this year. You will have to forgive me as I am one of those 'public' who was not there to show, but to see all the wonderful dogs, do some shopping and some research.

I had a brilliant time and from a purely outside point of view dont know what people mean about hot miserable dogs, they all seemed to be having the time of their life and loving the pampering and attention.

I was there on Sat and saw a fair bit of agility (all the events that were on on Sat) as I do a bit of agility with my crossbreed and want to get into it more. I did see a couple of dogs slip, but literally a couple, certainly not loads and I would not have thought any more than you would expect when a dog is running on any surface. Lilly slips quite often on fields or the beach. They certainly did not seem to have hurt themselves at all. I was amazed by all the waggy tails, it was lovely to see.

I would have loved to see longer footage on More 4 as I dont think you got a real feel for everything that was going on.

One thing that really stood out to me was how friendly the majority of people were. I was there partly to get an idea of what breed I would like for my next dog as I would love to start showing (although I have no idea how to start) and so spend a lot of the day asking people about their dogs and they were almost all so keen to talk (with the exception of one woman who shouted at me because I said I'd never heard of a Tibetan Spaniel!) and most told me about any potential health issues and told me about breed clubs and the like.

I will certainly go back next year!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 05:23 PM

So did I on Saturday (could've been Sunday though, can't remember exactly!). The guy had a Scottie and a Pug x Poodle as well!
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >