View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

25-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Sleep tight Cassie...

May you watch over your Mum Dad and George.....
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 10:42 AM
I feel so privileged to have shared Cassie's last few days through Dogsey. Sleep tight Princess, your Mummy will miss you so very much. Huge hugs to you Helena, Dave & Georgie xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh Helena I just don't know what to say except to say you have been so brave. Cassie certainly picked a great Mum in you and she will always be your shining star. When the stars are out at night - look up and when you see the brightest one shining, that will be Cassie looking down on you, Dave and Georgie.

You did right by Cassie and I admire you so much for being so brave. Once the hurt is past, it will get a little easier and when you speak of her - that too helps. Looking at photographs and remembering all the good times.

Bless Cassie always and may the lass Rest in Peace. You will always have her within you.

Bless you and yours, Helena.

xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:08 PM
helena im so deeply sorry for you and your family

eternal peace cassie xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Poor Georgie, he can't understand what's happened. He won't go out in the front garden where she lays in peace at last. I just went up on the green with him so he could have a wee and a run with his ball to take his mind off things,but he was looking for her, even when he got in the car. Oh dear, this is not going to be easy for him as it's not for me and Dave. I sat on the wet grass and cuddled him to death and cried my heart out coz I miss her so terribly, she's always been with me.

I said my last goodbye before we put her in her peaceful spot and I went and bought a little pink rose plant (pink roses are the sign of love in the spirit world)and placed it at her head. I have put flintstones all around the fresh earth,but I couldn't get the coloured stones to put on top coz once I'd loaded them in the trolley I couldn't push it!! This will be a job for Dave. I am going to get a proper plaque made up when I can face it, coz right now I won't be able to get the words out if I call in, I'm sure she'll understand.

A friend came round with another nice plant and gave me a big hug and had a cry with me, so I've put that on her grave too. I keep going out there to talk to her, I do hope she hears me. I've put her collar around the pink rose pot.

I can't eat, so I'm going to bed for another good cry in the hope that I'll get all cried out. It's raining in my heart, what I have left of it, coz she sure did take a big chunk with her when she passed.

I hope she found her way safely to the bridge, but like I said, she's a smart dog so I'm sure of it.

Run free now little monkey, you will never know how much my heart aches to have you back with me again. Please forgive me for doing what I did, but I couldn't bear to see you walking in pain any longer, which I know you were even though you never complained once. I hope you come visit me one day and I will know you are there coz I'll be looking out for you always.xxxxxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Helen - you have me blubbering at work again I feel so much of your pain - probably being a GSD owner and having lost a GSD myself, the loss of Cassie feels even closer to my heart. I wish there were something I could do or say to help ease your pain.

Georgie will wonder where Cassie is for a little while, but he will adapt - dogs are wonderful at adapting. I remember when I lost my GSD, Sharna. I shared a house with my sister and her Spinone, Cashmere, at the time. Cash and Sharna were best friends and after Sharna had gone, Cash kept looking for her and sniffing Sharna's lead - it was heartbreaking to see her look so puzzled. She did adapt quickly though - much more so than I did, so please don't worry yourself sick over Georgie, and please do look after yourself.

Keep coming on here to let us know how you are feeling and if you want to talk about Cassie, as I am sure we all feel as though we knew her personally and talking helps to come to terms with the loss and pain you are feeling.

Take care Helen xxxxxxxxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:52 PM
You just wish you could tell Georgie where she is, it's horrible watching them looking.
You have started me off again.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 01:04 PM
i have only just caught up with this thread and i am so sorry to hear about cassie, you did the right thing and she will be thankful for it.

Big hugs from me and china

alex
xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 01:11 PM
H Cassie is at peace now, you did the only thing you could for her.
Give george time, he will miss her the same as you.

Cass won't be forgotten as she is 1 of the dogsey gang waiting at rainbow bridge.

Run free cass, no more pain.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks you guys. I just looked back to my original post when we first knew about this, and it was only 8 days ago, but I would have those 8 days again if I could.

All I have to console me is remembering how very peacefully she went after 3 big sighs into my hands which were cupped around her little pretty head. I talked to her throughout, I cried buckets, I kissed her eyes as they gently closed, as I wished her a safe journey. I'm hoping my own guardian angels left me for the night to take her to her final resting place where she'll be safe and out of pain now. Maybe I should have sent her sooner but it was soooo hard to let her go even when I did.

Georgie's happy sleeping now and he's eaten so he's ok.
Thanks again for your support, I'll get there soon I know I will but at the moment it's very, very raw.xxxx
Page 36 of 49 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 > Last »