Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, May 20

Good Morning everyone, bit overcast this morning so not sure what the day will hold.

Hope Gorden does well with his interview and gets the job, it would be wonderful if he could pull it off. I wish him all the luck in the world.

Griff and June, hope your backs are better today and Mandy your hip is less painful too. Hope Dex is on the improve too.

LG must go and read your lengthy piece on training, I am sure it will be very interesting.

Nippy Jen, hope your cake went down ok with or without jam!

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Good morning Moyra and all to come
Hope no bad dreams and a better nights sleep
My turn last night saw every hour on the clock Friday where did the week go ?
Lynn everything crossed for Gorden today
Lg have a grand day
TW do you ever think your banging your head against a brick wall with some folk lol
Griff how's the back
Sue off out for coffee this morning my turn to scoff the cream cakes lol expect you'll be busy as usual
Mandy don't work to hard
Brenda how long now till the holiday ?
Nippy can I have your recipie for the deconstructed cake
Wet again now managed to get our first walk in without getting wet
Same old same old till out for coffee
Hope all our four legged friends well
Take care stay safe xxxxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 07:15 AM
Good morning

Hope all is well with your Moyra

Enjoy your naughty cake Norma and have a good day.

Everything crossed for Gorden today Lynn do really hope he gets this job.

Dull and overcast here. About to take Teazle out then do the housework other than the nothing planned.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Hi all

Only exciting thing happening today is a man is coming about midday to see if a seam in a soft leather 3 seater settee can be repaired. Why on earth the put a seam right in the centre of a seat beats me front back to front. Apart from that as Sue says today is going to be rivitingly boring.

There is only so many times one can count you toes without getting fed up.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Morning all. Moyra hope all goes well for you next week. Norma, thanks for asking, only a week to go from today. Just hope the trains behave themselves as I heard again this morning that there was a shortage of conductors because, they say, sickness. Sue and other half, I am sure you will find something to do. Just a weed growing in the wrong place to remove while sitting in your lovely conservatory. Have a good day all. Just off to watch the grass grow. See TW there is always something. LG I am so pleased that the men in white coats let you go. Hope they didn't use a zappy on you to control you befoe putting you in the yellow van at least it wasn't a black maria.. Good Luck Gorden.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Overcast here too today hope the rain holds off got Gorden's washing to sort as Mark will be bringing Joel's with him and his holiday stuff so it's clean for when he goes on his school trip in half term.

Hoping all bad backs are feeling better and all four legged friends are well today.

Gorden is now getting himself ready for the off then his drive to Lincoln. They have to do a 15 minute exercise with some students his will be a maths one and he has read up on the ofsted report with regards to his particular test for them. Then the individual interviews will take place.
He thinks he will be home this afternoon but isn't sure they will hear the verdict today. Also waiting on the verdict re: the car at some point today.
I said to Gorden if it is going to cost lots I will have to write it off but will give the garage the opportunity to pay some back as surely a car has to be fit for purpose and £3500 worth of car breaking down in 9 months and costing possibly a £1000 or more to put right isn't fit for purpose. If they do not respond or refuse it will have to be a trading standards job.
Hoping its only going to be a couple of hundred at the most. I will swallow that up.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Morning everyone
Norma hope you manage a nanny nap later, sounds like you will need one.
Brenda, are you getting excited yet?
Tweed hope the man comes on time, I hate waiting in lol
Talking of that I have to wait in for a parcel, meant to be coming 10-2 fingers crossed its 10.....
Fingers are crossed for Gordon at his interview and for your car too Lynn.
Off to make a cuppa
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Message from garage when I got back from walking Dillon. Immobiliser fault guess what Mazda have to go to main dealer for it to be sorted out most makes the garage can get into and sort but not Mazda's. So he is arranging to have it towed to Kings Lynn the main dealer cost of around £70 and then we wait to hear from them the cost and of course if it is that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Got everything crossed for Gorden today. I think if I were you Lynn, bearing in mind you are happy with the Peugeot, get the immobiliser repaired and get rid whilst you can. My Mazda cost fortunes in parts etc and it ended up with me selling it for very little as I knew it would cost what I got for it, just to get it through the MOT which was imminent
Norma some people want quick fixes and don't want to give time and patience because its too much of a faff. Enjoy the coffee and cake and have one for me
Was raining this morning, cleared now and girls can get out for a gallop. Bit more painting when I get back, then an hour with the telly, butty and brew, then the shopping.
Feel so much better,got a decent nights sleep and not in so much pain. Hoping my tablets are back in stock in Home Bargains or Asda as they are the identical ones to Sainsbury's, only difference is the box, inside exact same tablets, looked to see where they came from and it says Devon,not far thenNo idea why they have vanished, but if it means a trip to Saintsbury's every week till they appear locally then so be it!
Are you all packed Brenda, bikini at the ready
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Was already thinking of selling it on June if it was within budget to fix.
Rang the main dealer apparently they say it is very rare for the immobiliser to go on Mazda's and as to date they have never had one in with that problem she did give me the price for the cluster if it is that.
So I will go ahead and pay for the low loader to take it to the main dealer as she said it may be something very simple. When I have their report will decide. Do you know I may as well of bought a Chrysler which is what I really wanted.
Reviews and others say Mazda easy to fix and get parts for and cheap to fix. Also I think I will stick to buying privately never had problems buying privately before always had a good run out of them.
This is second car bought from a dealer and less than a years worth of service.
It may well be coming back on a low loader to sell for spares.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »